Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Final table sweat?

17:30 EST $22 PLO/8 on Party....mrzarembsky....Table 1, baby!
Old 04-13-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Final table sweat?

I'll watch ya once i bust out of one of these tourneys. Pwnasaurus!!
Old 04-13-2005, 09:38 PM

STOP BEING LAME, EVERYONE. Ilya needs a sweat, damn it!
Old 04-13-2005, 10:11 PM

Once Ilya is done puking....he should celebrate 3rd!!! Despite beign disconnected for a crucial 5 minutes of the final table.

He's still my own personal hero....

Ilya kicks ass,
He surely will kill Comcast,
Because they suck hard.

Yugoslav
Old 04-13-2005, 10:30 PM

Yugo's haiku sums it up nicely. I was a healthy though distant 2nd with 4 players remaining when my internet connection abruptly failed. By the time I logged back on, about 5 minutes and 3 aneurysms later, one of the other 3 players was gone, but so was half my stack. One nasty suckout later, I was watching the HU showdown from the rail. Oh wait, no, I was plotting to murder Comcast.
GOOD GOD, IS THERE NO RELIABLE, SPEEDY INTERNET SERVICE ON THIS UGLY PLANET?!

Thanks Zebra, Apathy, Yugo, and everyone else who stopped by for your support.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yugo's haiku sums it up nicely. I was a healthy though distant 2nd with 4 players remaining when my internet connection abruptly failed. By the time I logged back on, about 5 minutes and 3 aneurysms later, one of the other 3 players was gone, but so was half my stack. One nasty suckout later, I was watching the HU showdown from the rail. Oh wait, no, I was plotting to murder Comcast.
GOOD GOD, IS THERE NO RELIABLE, SPEEDY INTERNET SERVICE ON THIS UGLY PLANET?!

Thanks Zebra, Apathy, Yugo, and everyone else who stopped by for your support.

[/ QUOTE ]

After three days of "we still don't see anything wrong, Mr. Scott," and me saying "well, why does my freaking internet connection dump every night between 9pm and 2am," I finally dumped those jokers. My DSL isn't quite as fast, but it's been a hellavu lot more reliable.

P.S. Congrats on the 3rd place finish, regardless.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:33 AM

That's how I feel about it. Cable speed is great, but not at the expense of reliability. And cable has had decades to practice being completely unreliable. Just about every cable company gets in massive lawsuits with its customers. No thanks, not for something important like poker.

Oh, and grats Ilya.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

After three days of "we still don't see anything wrong, Mr. Scott," and me saying "well, why does my freaking internet connection dump every night between 9pm and 2am," I finally dumped those jokers. My DSL isn't quite as fast, but it's been a hellavu lot more reliable.

[/ QUOTE ]

To defend cable, I have not had an outage that I have known about in over year. But I'm in Canada, and maybe just lucky. Although if I was playing poker seriously for the amounts of money some people on here do, I would get DSL and Cable. Unlikely they are both going down and for the cost of 1 buy-in (maybe 2 oe 3) seems like good insurance.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:51 AM

congrats on the finish. comcast sucks man. i hate it. ::comiserates::

citanul
Old 04-14-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Cable internet (OT)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To defend cable, I have not had an outage that I have known about in over year. But I'm in Canada, and maybe just lucky. Although if I was playing poker seriously for the amounts of money some people on here do, I would get DSL and Cable. Unlikely they are both going down and for the cost of 1 buy-in (maybe 2 oe 3) seems like good insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cable works great, as long as it doesn't get overloaded. The problem is that the cable companies don't make any money by adding capacity. They only add capacity when they start getting enough complaints and lost customers.

Mine was great for years. Then, more and more people in my neighborhood started getting it. Gradually, my service degraded. I dumped it. Hopefully other people in my neighborhood will as well, Comcast will notice, they'll decide to upgrade, and I'll switch back.