Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Unbelieveable hand

Ok, now I don't claim to be an expert in this game by any means, but what in the hell are these guys raising with. I'm confident nearly the entire hand I've got the best high. Rolled up by either low card is highly unlikely since they both have the same card. Would anyone play this differently? I'll post what happened at the showdown tomorrow.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.5 (hand converter)

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___raises___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___raises
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls___calls

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls

5th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

6th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises

River

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets
Old 04-12-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Unbelieveable hand

I'm guessing seat 6 started with (KK)3, and seat 1 started with (33)3.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:00 PM

That would make what happened on the river halfway tolerable if they started with that
Old 04-13-2005, 03:07 PM

Seat 1 catches a 10 on the river to make trips that went with his concealed 10s
Seat 6 makes an 8753A for low
Old 04-13-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seat 6 makes an 8753A for low

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect Seat 6 had "shuffle show cards" checked, and had actually made the low on 6th, so he's not an absolute moron---but he's close, considering that he would then have been capping on 4th with (57)3K.

Seat 1, on the other hand, is truly an absolute moron. I'd almost be willing to pay money to find out his schedule, so you could be sure to find him and sit at his table(s) when he plays.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:29 PM

I agree completely. That's why when they both showed down their hands I was in complete awe. I was like wow these are some great players. Oh well, guess I'll just have to play with them more often. It's sad but I have seen worse.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:47 AM

I would probably bet the river, but you played it fine.

I love pocket Tens.