Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 11:59 PM

Default why would he do that ?

YOu guys who believe that strength means weakness don't know what you are talking about. Quit spouting bullshit on the forum.

Hero has TT

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
check
check
I bet $2
BB pushes all-in for $13

Yeah sure...he's pushing all-in here with an overpair. He's pushing all-in with a flush draw. Why would he play a straight like this.

Bullshit.

He had 2 4 for the straight. So much for maximizing value. Trust me. At low stakes, they push all-in at any time with the nuts because they believe they will get called.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Re: why would he do that ?

being result oriented sucks. how come you didn't raise preflop?
Old 04-12-2005, 12:13 AM

You ever consider giving up poker?
Old 04-12-2005, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At low stakes, they push all-in at any time with the nuts because they know they will get called.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-12-2005, 12:23 AM

I'm never giving up poker. I'm too good at it. I took some advice from a guy on here who said that strength means weakness and bullshit like that. Can't remember who it was.

I folded to an all-in with a 9 9 X flop and he said call that [censored]. Yeah right dude. whatever
Old 04-12-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You ever consider giving up poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wayfare is an educated dude.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm never giving up poker. I'm too good at it. I took some advice from a guy on here who said that strength means weakness and bullshit like that. Can't remember who it was.

I folded to an all-in with a 9 9 X flop and he said call that [censored]. Yeah right dude. whatever

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is about making the play that figures to have the maximum positive expected value/minimzing -EV. Many advices you get from posting here will often lead to just that.

These plays come from general assumptoins on opponents range of hands given preflop action/flop action/ reads on villan. They are rarely 100% correct but they often lead us to the what figures to be the best move vs his range of hands. Stop going "he had xx, you bastards" everytime you lose a pot because over the long run, most of advices will save you/earn you more money.

Please stop posting hands if you are going to say "BS you are wrong" to replies people give you, instead try to express your disagreement backed by logical reasoning in respectful manner.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
YOu guys who believe that strength means weakness don't know what you are talking about. Quit spouting bullshit on the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who ever said this on this forum?

I mean strenght means weakness is a formula for someone acting with tells live...
Old 04-12-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who ever said this on this forum?

I mean strenght means weakness is a formula for someone acting with tells live...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i mean people talk about pulling the move of honor around here all the time. everyone talks about playing hands fast and not trying to slow play. generally the only time anyone advises to push draws is when they're monsters, such as oesfd or tp nut flush draw, when you actually have &gt;50% equity. Any two overs that are clubs are ahead of you here. There's many hands you're behind to here.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:49 AM

Wait did you raise preflop....if not just stfu bc you didnt protect your 10-10 anyway and SHOULD expect any goddamn hand at these limits.