Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Ill wind blows from Australia

Buyers' market as house prices slide

homeowners are being forced to accept less than they paid during the property boom, with many of yesterday's auction sales well below those prices.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,12802927-421,00.html
Old 04-12-2005, 08:42 AM

Default Re: Ill wind blows from Australia

6 Edith St, Leichhardt - Theres the key.

Small sample, but I know this street and it was part of the 'property boom' of people after a short term buck. Simply put, theres too many of these type of places for sale in the area.

The property market is fine in the medium/long term and still good in the short term in the right area.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:52 PM

I think we'll see a decent decline here in the US over the next couple years. Too many negative indicators right now. I think you'd have to be crazy to buy property at this point.

natedogg
Old 04-17-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we'll see a decent decline here in the US over the next couple years. Too many negative indicators right now. I think you'd have to be crazy to buy property at this point.

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you think about beach-front/near beach-front properties? particularly pacific palisades, venice, long beach... do you think they will burst as well? thanks, Rob
Old 04-18-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you think about beach-front/near beach-front properties? particularly pacific palisades, venice, long beach... do you think they will burst as well? thanks, Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

The shining stars of the real estate boom have been coastal states. So-cal beach property is always expensive. You have to decide for yourself if you think it has more room to go up.

60% of Calif. mortgages from the past 12 months have been *interest only* ARMs. Personally, I think we're in for the biggest real-estate drop in CA history.

From last Friday's SF Chronicle, it says the the median home price in the Bay Area hit $605K after jumping $36K from Feb = March. 6% in one month. If I'm wrong, and it continues, you'll never have another chance ot buy a house again after this year....

natedogg