Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 05:46 PM

Default 1/2 H/L Party Hand

Just wondering if there was anything I should have done differently on this hand of if I just took a bad beat.
7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.5 (hand converter)

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

5th Street

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

6th Street

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

Results:

Seat 1: balance $85.74, bet $11.25, collected $25.5, net +$14.25 [ 3c 6s Ah 5h Ad Td As ] [ three of a kind, aces -- Ah,Ad,As,Td,6s ]
Hero: balance $18, lost $11.25 [ 5c Ks Kc Qs Kh 8c 4s ] [ three of a kind, kings -- Ks,Kc,Kh,Qs,8c ]
Old 04-11-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: 1/2 H/L Party Hand

from all accounts he looked like he was going low. I don't see how to play this differently, although I am quite a poor player
Old 04-12-2005, 01:03 AM

fold on third. no doubt in my mind: you have a dead king and almost zero low potential against a door ace. fold it and wait for a better spot.

add to that the fact that you're out of position (behind an ace) and it's pretty obvious
Old 04-12-2005, 01:36 AM

Don't give results before people have had a chance to respond.

I think this hand is worth playing on third. With almost everyone showing bananas, this could easily turn into a one-way hand, in which case you're probably winning. With such weak cards to act behind you, I don't think I'd bother raising. I'd probably just call and see what happens.

Fourth street is tough. The bettor's board is pretty strong, and you're out of position. The other guys have garbage showing. I think I probably call and hope for the best.

Good raise on fifth, and I think you have to bet it the rest of the way. Tough break.