Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Sick overbet #2

Literally hand #1 at the table, I'm in the BB, Villian has about $45.

$25 6-max

I've got K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], folded to the SB who calls, I raise to $1, he calls.

Flop is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villian checks, I bet $2, Villian check-raises to $4, I call planning to raise a safe turn card.

Turn is a Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villian bets $20
Old 04-11-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Sick overbet #2

Nobody thinks this hand is interesting? geeeze
Old 04-11-2005, 07:35 PM

Looks like he was trying to push out any flush draws. Whether this means he has a baby flush or a set, I'm not sure. Pretty sure you are beat though. The only other thing I could see him having is Qx[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] where x is an A, K, J or maybe T.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:39 PM

I think you have to fold without a good read on the villian as massivly loose. He's bet big with an obvious flush out there so I think he has it already or has a pair and the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. In the first case you're stone cold dead, in the second he has 14 outs to beat you on the river. He might also have a set which leaves you drawing to nothing.

Fold
Old 04-11-2005, 08:10 PM

You have to raise more PF. Honestly, if I sit down at a table and catch a hand like that right off the bat, I'm going to raise the crap out of that pot and hope that someone thinks I'm being the stupid new guy and calls with something mediocre.

As far as your situation goes, you are beat, or will be very soon. fold
Old 04-11-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to raise more PF. Honestly, if I sit down at a table and catch a hand like that right off the bat, I'm going to raise the crap out of that pot and hope that someone thinks I'm being the stupid new guy and calls with something mediocre.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is also a great point. Yesterday I sat down at a table and get AQ I raise it up hit both the A and Q raise again and the other guy folds. Next hand AA I raise and get called, flop is non threatening so I bet huge. Someone on the table actually says 'take this idiot's money' and I get called by 2nd pair.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:28 PM

Tough hand.

When I run into a tough hand like this... I usually end up folding.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, good advice. In my defense, I am usually pretty good at bombing good hands preflop if the situation calls for it, however for whatever reason I did not do so at the time.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:06 PM

Villains do not semi-bluff. It is either a set, a flush, or a severely overplayed TP hand. Against a set or a flush you are drawing near dead or dead. Fold to the check/raise. It sucks, but sometimes you have to fold cowboys on the flop.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:08 PM

And there you go.

I think if you're lucky enough to catch an incredible hand really early, you can do things with it you normally wouldn't and people will assume you are trying to steal.