Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 02:39 AM

Default TS 1/2 NL

Dealt AA UTG, raise to 15, 3 callers including the BB, flop comes 334 BB bets 20, I go to 65, folded around, BB calls, turn 4, BB says all-in....has me covered this is not about the hand but what he said, I had head phones half on, I take them off bc he is seems to be talking he says "You want nothing of this (leaned over in seat 1 looking right at me)" I go "Oh yea hows that, you got a piece of that board" he then goes "You have two options call or fold"

Based on what he said to me do you call or fold? I go back to what Caro said strong means weak, weak means strong...but what do you guys think?
Old 04-11-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Re: TS 1/2 NL

He's basically yelling at you to fold which amounts to daring you to call. Which means he wants you to call. I hate trying to read these kinds of tells.

What would you have done if he'd gone all in and said nothing?

PairTheBoard
Old 04-11-2005, 03:42 AM

Usually I don't even take my head phones off or anything and go strictly by how the hand played out, math etc...But for some reason I listened and what he said really screwed with my head.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:34 AM

Is the villain in this hand a talker? If he is a talker then I would lean to the fact that he might be bluffing. If he is usually silent the I would thing that his chatter is trying to induce a call and thus he might have a 3 or 4.

Either way, your tell is not going to be reliable enough to overcome the ~2:1 that you are getting to call here. You are most likely beat but have to put your chips in here. I hope it worked out for you.

-Steve
Old 04-11-2005, 12:49 PM

i agree with fiji that you should probably make this call. not knowing the stack sizes you probably shouldnt raise to 15 utg in a 1/2 game your opponents now have a pretty good idea of what you are holding(unless you might also do this with 67, 22, and a vriety of other less than premium hands. if this player was bluffing you he may have went ahead and put it in on the flop since he just called your reraise of his minibet i think has it. when he showed his hand to another player that was your best time to get a read, what did the other player look like? did he give him a peek? or was his hand high in the sky? i think if he gave him a gratuitous looking peek(like ok ill show you this monster) he surely has it. regardless i think you should probably call, but be careful to note his behavior for next time. one player i know never looks more relaxed than when he is on a big bluff hell chat it up calm as a cucumber before he turns over 57o. as with all these things it hard to imagine the exact situation reading the monitor here but i hope you spiked that ace if you needed it.
jason
Old 04-11-2005, 03:54 PM

15 is a pretty weak bet, even UTG in 1/2 NL.

The tell on this person would depend on what he usually calls for 15, I know alot of people (including myself) that would call virtually any suited hand with a 3 or especially 34, 23 suited and os for 15.

I would make the call and pay him off if I dont see him calling anything with a 3 preflop. Then again the pot is already well over one hundred so see what the pot is laying you and make a quick decision. Even if he has a 3 you can still win with an Ace or a str8, or runner flush.

Boris R.
http://www.TheLeagueNY.com
Old 04-12-2005, 08:53 AM

The thing about the hand was that he had the biggest stack at the table around 600 I would say. I felt that he could of been bullying me. A couple flops before I called a 10 dollar raise in the SB with QKs, flop comes xxQ he bets out I min raise, he folded, and Ovbiously I didnt show, I think he thought I was bluffing. So this hand comes up flop comes 334 I min raise again with AA he decided to call and spikes a 4 on the turn, based on what he said, it really looked like he was trying to bluff me out of the pot, I still had a live hand though.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:58 AM

Results?

It sounds to me like he simply could not have a 3 or a 4 if he's going to call a large preflop raise like that. Even if he held 33 or 44, I cannot see calling that large of a raise preflop and out of position.

So what happened? Did you ever find out what he held?
Old 04-12-2005, 12:02 PM

If he is quiet normally, then he is bluffing.