Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Day 1 of 8 tabling 25NL

well today was my first day of 8 tabling. i played for abour 3.5 hours at night from around 11:30-3. i had 4 tables open from party and 4 open from empire all from the same computer. all 25NL.man its so freakishly hard to fit all those tables in a 15inch laptop screen. but i pulled it off. overall i had to first turn my aim off lol. and i started doing 8. after like 2 hours i was very comfortable. i turned aim back on and was atually chatting and 8 tabling. wow!! and also my friends had to call me to tell me im at their tables cause i didnt even notice lol. anyway it was a great session for my new 4 tables from empire. i made 10$ from party and around 90$ from empire for total of 100$ in day 1. not bad i think. it was atually a slow day. although i didnt get that many bad beats, i was barely getting any hands. i cant imagine how much i can make when i have a good session in both party and empire tables. well i am already thinking about adding 4 more tables but since i only have 1 laptop, i dont think i can. instead i will think about moving to the 50NL and multitabling their. although the last time i tried 50nl 4 tabling i ended up losing around 700 in 1 week. but i mad eeverything back so i will be giving it another shot in the near future.
well my advice to anyone who wants to multitable is first to turn aim off. you gotta slowly settle in the 8tables. once u do that you can atually chat and play. its very fast the process of settling in. game becomes tighter for yourself and you tend to not bluff alot or at all. just play good hands and good poker. play heads up agressively and tp tk passively out of position multiway. i slow play sets but only until turn. and well ya know how to play so i wont add anything more unless i am asked. so overall ithink 8 talbing> 4 tabling [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] more money!! i had a terrible day in party but i made it up with the 4 empire tables. day 2 is tonight!!! wish me luck.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Day 1 of 8 tabling 25NL

You're playing 8 tables on one laptop screen? That sounds like a bad idea.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:58 PM

im a poor guy, not much of a choice. but it worked out preety well actually.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:20 PM

Wow, 8 tables on a 15 inch monitor. I have a 2001FP and I can't imagine play more than 4 party tables on it.

I know you had a bad run in the 50 game, and it sounds like maximizing your current expectation is pretty important to you for financial reasons, but have you given any thought to maximizing your learning process? It is hard to believe 8 tabling doesn't stifle your development.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:27 PM

ya i kinda figured that 8 tabling wont improve my game as much because i am not making plays. so i will be doing maybe 2 tables of 50NL to start things off like 1 or 2 days a week. just to improve my game. but i wont make the mistakes i did in the first run.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:38 PM

Congrats getting your mind around 8 tables... I can't handle more than 4 - and can only do that now that I have a nice big LCD and can fit em all on one screen.

Speaking toward Sakuraba's point...

[ QUOTE ]
i slow play sets but only until turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do hope you overstated that... Personally, I subscribe to Brunson's theory - never slowplay a set, though there are valid situations where you can do so. Just nit-picking, I'm sure, but the development of your game will probably do more for your bottom line than multi-tabling will.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:40 PM

Sounds like you have already thought through it. There are probably other ways to make up for it (posting hands, reading books, etc)

I think we disagree a little on why multitabling would hurt you development though. I think it would hurt your game because you won't develop hand reading skills or learn general poker concepts as well as you would have if you could focus on the hands more closely.

I guess "making plays" might put you in some trickier situations that could help your develop these skills as well so there may be some overlap in our thinking.

Good luck.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:58 PM

by making plays i mean, reading opponents in a way. if i can learn to read opponents, i can make more plays. although i think i can read opponents well even when i multi table , i know i cant as wel as i should. i only remember the obvious people. and gametiem+ helps me also.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:02 PM

"by making plays i mean, reading opponents in a way. if i can learn to read opponents, i can make more plays."

I agree 100%. I had stated writing something like this in my last reply, but I did not end up including it.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:06 PM

I'm interested in going from 4 to 8 tables myself. Downloading and opening an empire account didn't cause any difficulties? I though I read somewhere that the party software would detect it and not let you open tables or something.

Also, did you use all of your real info for the empire account? What about your handle, is it the same, does it make a difference? Anyway glad to hear about your first day success. I'm going to get a monitor to attach to my laptop before I do this though.