Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2002, 02:00 PM

Default Circling Pluto - Bully\'s in the realm

There is a regular who usually plays higher limits but has recently been playing lower. His game is average with one exception. He is very good at attacking weak players - it must go with the territory?

I'm rather curious about this behavior because it's so obvious what he does. It appears to be exploitable and very punishing at higher limits. Any thoughts?
Old 10-28-2002, 02:53 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Circling Pluto - Bully\'s in the realm

i loved these players at an old room where i played. they used to come off a 15-30 omaha game into our 4-8 game. i treated em like maniacs. the table texture was usually str8 forward players, but they could be tight preflop to a raise, and especially a reraise.

one key...watch how the others at the table reacts to his barrage. youll see spots where you can take a shot and slow him down. factor this in with what you see him showdown with, and go from there. if he's primarily the only one raising preflop, its not as bad as a cap happy table. and if everyone is playing tight or somewhat passive with him, and only betting when they 'have' something for fear of him reraising. the other players will be that much more readable.

thats only some ideas....these guys can be profitable to your game if you know how to work em.

b
Old 10-29-2002, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Circling Pluto - Bully\'s in the realm

At all limits you should attack the weaker players, but it occurs more at the higher limits. In fact, David Sklansky has posted several times about this subject. Look on the General Theory forum for threads on this subject (by David and others).

In higher limit games it is absolutely essential to pick on the weaker players because the others can be so tough.

Al