Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 03:04 AM

Default 22$ Pushing with K3

Blinds would hit me in two hands, and then they would be 100/200. Is this hand too weak to push here? If not, how low can I go?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (8 handed) converter

UTG+1 (t2070)
Hero (t505)
MP2 (t2010)
CO (t350)
Button (t1040)
SB (t655)
BB (t760)
UTG (t610)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t505 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls t405.

Flop: (t1060) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t1060) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t1060) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1060

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Ad Qd (one pair, kings).
Hero has Kd 3d (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins t1060. </font>
Old 04-08-2005, 04:40 AM

Default Re: 22$ Pushing with K3

Nice flop, but posting the results doesn't help to answer your question..

I think K3s is too weak here. You have 5 people left to act, so you don't pick up the blinds often enough. When you do get called, you are far behind, even to low pairs. I would fold and wait for a better spot, even if it means getting hit with the blinds. If you are in late position, it's a totally different story.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:12 AM

EDIT: I misread the blinds. I only stand by my advice if we're very close to the end of this level.

EDIT AGAIN: My god I've been up too long. "Blinds will hit in 2 hands." PUSH PUSH PUSH! You're screwed anyway so I think your best shot is to take advantage of the modicum of FE you have right now.

--

[ QUOTE ]
even if it means getting hit with the blinds. If you are in late position, it's a totally different story.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's got 500 chips and the blinds are 100/200. Is it really worth hanging around for a better hand at this point?

This seems like a great time for a desperation move that is guaranteed a call from the BB where he's probably on a coin flip. When the going gets tough, the tough play bingo.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:15 AM

pretty standard fold to me. so many hands that are miles ahead could call easily.. sure you got lucky, but do you want to run vs AQ? i don't...
Old 04-08-2005, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pretty standard fold to me. so many hands that are miles ahead could call easily.. sure you got lucky, but do you want to run vs AQ? i don't...

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed my post. I misread the blinds.

Though now that I am thinking more about it, I'm doubting that his stack after the blinds hit will have any fold equity anyway. 350 chips with 50/100 blinds is still brutal.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that all the hands that are ahead could call "easily." I'm still counting on 77+|AT+ calling and everything else folding.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that all the hands that are ahead could call "easily." I'm still counting on 77+|AT+ calling and everything else folding.

[/ QUOTE ] I can see KQ, KJ, low-mid pockets, and Axs calling too... which is no fun. i think better spots than K3, plus, BB might wake up with K7s and call ya...
Old 04-08-2005, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can see KQ, KJ, low-mid pockets, and Axs calling too... which is no fun. i think better spots than K3, plus, BB might wake up with K7s and call ya...

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he'll have a better spot in the NEXT TWO HANDS? After that he's DONE.

(BTW the chance of someone else having a king is reduced by the fact that we have one. Not that it matters.)
Old 04-08-2005, 05:59 AM

i like pushing here, if you do get called its likely by A-10+ or pp, if its the former at least you have 2 live cards.
yes you could fold and pick up something in the next two but its unlikely and then you have even more people to act after you.
push and pray.
squire.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can see KQ, KJ, low-mid pockets, and Axs calling too... which is no fun. i think better spots than K3, plus, BB might wake up with K7s and call ya...

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I can see better hands calling. I fully expect to be the dog when called (which is going to be pretty often).

But in two hands I have to push/call any two and have pretty much no folding equity left.