Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Advice about AJ

Somewhere, either in a book or article, I remember reading someone discouraging people to raise with AJ (can't remember if suited or not), after a couple of people have already limped in.

I'm just trying to locate the article or book where I read this. Can anyone else remember reading this somewhere?

I need this to settle an argument with someone who claims that, not only is this an auto-raise situation, no author would claim otherwise.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Advice about AJ

Never read anything about it.

AJ is a raising hand for limit and NL in 6-max tables. Kinda iffy for a tight player in EP though for NL.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:41 PM

Low Limit Hold'em by Lee Jones.
He talks about how AJ is a mediocre hand with quite a few limpers or a raise before you, and it really is.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Somewhere, either in a book or article, I remember reading someone discouraging people to raise with AJ (can't remember if suited or not), after a couple of people have already limped in.

I'm just trying to locate the article or book where I read this. Can anyone else remember reading this somewhere?

I need this to settle an argument with someone who claims that, not only is this an auto-raise situation, no author would claim otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Auto fold to any non-steal raise from anyone but a complete maniac (then I probably three bet). I will raise a limper or two with AJ depending on who they are and whether I think I can buy the button.