Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 05:24 AM

Default What the hell????

sorry, but you just have to see this. i dont know where to begin. i checked the river because i had a feeling he was milking me for a reraise. what he showed boggled my mind

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Button ($6.15)
SB ($26.65)
BB ($56.95)
Hero ($96.6)
MP ($56.5)
CO ($21)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, BB calls $4.

Turn: ($12.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, BB calls $10.

River: ($32.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

Final Pot: $40.25

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Ac 6d (straight, eight high).
Hero has Qd Qs (two pair, queens and fours).
Outcome: BB wins $40.25. </font>
Old 03-31-2005, 05:30 AM

Default Re: What the hell????

For 3 minutes i reread this posting just ASSUMING he had A6d...then I began to fully realize the donktitude of this opponent.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:32 AM

i dunno, but tonight, i just cant get away from this crap
Old 03-31-2005, 09:33 AM

I assume you added this moron to your buddy list, right?

Regards,
Mike L.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:41 AM

Donkitude is a GREAT word
Old 03-31-2005, 11:54 AM

I think there was a full moon out last night. Every table I was at last night (3 at a time) was populated by 'donks' (if that's the new word.) The thing was... the whole night, the donks were winning. The players you normally would watch out for, were all losing.

The biggest hand of the night... A player in early position raises to $2... he's called by one player, reraises to $6. The SB calls. The original raiser goes all in. Everyone in the hand calls... at the end, the pocket jacks and the pocket aces both lost to the SB... who called with a 10-5 and flopped 2 pair.

I'm not superstitituos... but if I was, I would say there was something 'special' going on last night. The hand listed above, seemed completely 'normal' for last night. I was calling it 'Fish Jackpot Night'... where it paid to be a fish.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:05 PM

I got one like that but it was two nights ago on a SNG on the second hand.

UTG (Idiot) raises 2xBB, fold around to CO who bets the pot. Button Goes ALLIN, SB, BB fold, UTG CALLS! (remember this when you read the results) CO calls.

Results:
<font color="white">

UTG: Flips over T6o? WTF?
CO: Flips KK,
Button : Flips AA

Board: 79A 8 2

UTG: Triples up. UnF-in' Believable
</font>

-Gryph
Old 03-31-2005, 12:07 PM

Strange that you say that, last night I was also thinking that it was a weird night. I was playing in a 10-person SnG and two odd things kept on happening: This one guy kept getting QQ (three of them were over a span of 5-6 hands) and he got them a total of 6 times, and out of the 25 or so times that someone went all in, at least 20 of them were won by the shorter stack. People were flopping a set with 47o, hitting 4-to-the-straight, 24o lost to AA.... The cards were just coming in very odd ways, until someone made a comment to that fact and went all in with crap - and lost. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2005, 12:44 PM

it was awfull. i was flopping nut straights with no flush draws. and getting all my money in, only to have a person with just a pair catch a runner runner higher straight. last night was just not my night.

The best is when i flopped top two with J10, went all-in, got called by a person who decided to limp KK, only to have the turn and river be AA, forfeiting my two-pair. (this is the same guy that busted my nut straight twice within half an hour with just pairs on the flop) I lost three full buyins to this clown.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:48 PM

it was the 30th, so maybe a lot of people got paid and decided to play some online poker for REAL MONEY