Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 02:46 AM

Default 600 SNG checkup

Here are the stats after 600 $55 SNGS:

ROI: 21%
ITM: 38%
Net Profit: $6900

Finish Distribution:
1st: 16%
2nd: 9%
3rd: 13%
4th: 13%
5th: 14%
6th: 12%
7th: 12%
8th: 5%
9th: 4%
10th: 3%

For those curious about variance:

Longest out-of-the-money stretch: 12 (had 3 of these)
Biggest downswing: 15 buyins over about 90 tournaments
ROI breakdown by sets of 100:
1st 100: 23%
2nd 100: 43% (What I wouldn't give for more of these!)
3rd 100: 16%
4th 100: -6%
5th 100: 13%
6th 100: 35%

Does anything jump out at anyone about my finish distribution/ITM?

Also, should I consider moving up to the $109s? I'm hesitant to move up because poker pays the bills, I'm travelling soon, and building the roll would take time, but it might be a good investment.

Finally, if anyone else has stats on the $55s they'd be willing to share, I'm interested in hearing them.

Edit: Bleh. I knew I'd forget something: the first 2/5 or so of these were two-tabling, the rest were four-tabling.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:56 AM

Default Re: 600 SNG checkup

Looks like you are aggressive on the bubble, and it could be a hot run since your've had many more 1sts than 2nds (it can't all be from just having a chip advantage or skill).

Numbers are great and I'd kill to have these after my first 500 at the $55s.

"I'm hesitant to move up because poker pays the bills, I'm travelling soon, and building the roll would take time, but it might be a good investment."

I'm guessing you are uncomfortable with moving up then? Will it add stress/worry, pressure to perform? Then don't move up yet until you are comfortable with it. Another way to do it is take the occasional stab at the $109s or mix one into each of your sets (so if you 4 table, 3 $55s and 1 $109).

I'd call this an opinion and not advice [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] But seriously, if you don't feel comfortable moving up then wait until you are.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:01 AM

Nice stats. What's your nick? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously though, everything looks pretty good. Mix in some 100's with your current 50's if you want to move up soon.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:20 AM

Your first places compared to the second places are unbelievable! 7%!
I played more than 1000 SitnGos (mostly 20+2 and 30+3)so far. After 100 SitnGos 7% is no big deal but after 600 its very impressive because the first places make the money.
Any guesses why the number of first places compared to the second places is so high? That cant be only skill but after 600 it is more than a hot streak.

Regards
slimbob
Old 03-31-2005, 03:26 AM

I didn't realize I had unusual stats, because I haven't calculated my ITM since I started playing the $55s. My guess is the extra firsts just come from having a chip lead getting heads up, as I'm not very good when the stacks are even or the blinds are low. Many a time I've been outplayed in those two situations.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:50 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
My guess is the extra firsts just come from having a chip lead getting heads up, as I'm not very good when the stacks are even or the blinds are low. Many a time I've been outplayed in those two situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats interesting!
With your ROI (very good) at this level and the high percentage of first places I assumed that you outplay your opponent with the same stack. So how would you describe your aggression below or above average with only 3 players at the table. Do you like to see the flop or are you more the all-in type of player?
Old 03-31-2005, 04:09 AM

I'm fairly aggressive four-handed (maybe too aggressive, or just bad aggressive--I need work here), and extremely aggressive three-handed. I almost always push preflop from the bubble on, no matter how big my stack. I want the most folding equity I can get, so I don't mind risking a call from a medium/big stack (Come to think of it, this is probably why I have almost as many thirds as firsts). I _occasionally_ minraise to get heads up with a small stack in the blinds if I intend to fold to a big stack push, but not often. It's a very obvious play, but I get away with it at the $55s because few people have the temerity to push on top with nothing.

I also open push big hands, and show them if they don't get called to increase folding equity.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:02 AM

Do you play fulltime?
I think its no problem to play 600 SitnGos if you are 4-tabling and a fulltime player. So 6900 is a nice monthly income...
In expecting your 1000 SNG checkup [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

slimbob
Old 03-31-2005, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you play fulltime?
I think its no problem to play 600 SitnGos if you are 4-tabling and a fulltime player. So 6900 is a nice monthly income...
In expecting your 1000 SNG checkup [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

slimbob

[/ QUOTE ]

so what you're saying is that making 90k a year (including rake back) from playing poker is a nice income?? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2005, 09:29 AM

I don't have a job, and my sole income is from poker, but I'm much too lazy to play 600 SNGs a month. I play more like 200. This month, I only played 100. I have trouble motivating myself to play. It's not too hard to get by on 2k a month though. I suppose I should get more serious about it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]