Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many hands are dealt per hour in a four handed 20/40 holdem game?
40 or less 0 0%
approximately 45 2 15.38%
approximately 50 3 23.08%
approximately 55 5 38.46%
approximately 60 2 15.38%
approximately 65 0 0%
70 or more 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2002, 01:02 PM

Default Short Game Speed Poll

For the poll question below, imagine a four-handed 20/40 holdem game with a typical top section Los Angeles dealer and competent players (i.e., no drunk is slowing the game down). They are generally playing because either 1) they expect the game will build into a full game or don’t mind playing short, 2) they are in a must move and waiting for a main game, or 3) playing on in the hope that a live player will join the table, perhaps late at night.

I would especially appreciate further comments if you have actually dealt or played in these short-handed games at this level or levels close to it (perhaps 40/80). I can't explain why I need the information because telling you may shade your answer.

Old 10-18-2002, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Short Game Speed Poll

Yeah, it's real hard to figure out why you would want the info Rick. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I don't think the speed goes up as much as you'd think because players are willing to play such weak cards shorthanded, leading to most pots still being contested 2 or 3 way to the turn at least.