Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 01:18 AM

Default KQ in $109 SNG

Stars $109 SNG. Blinds are 25/50. I'm in the BB and get KcQc. I've been playing extremely tight so far. Folded to a decent but fairly aggro LP player who opens for 200. Folded to me, and I push for about 900 more. He's got me covered, but not by that much.

Standard?
Old 03-31-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: KQ in $109 SNG

[ QUOTE ]
Stars $109 SNG. Blinds are 25/50. I'm in the BB and get KcQc. I've been playing extremely tight so far. Folded to a decent but fairly aggro LP player who opens for 200. Folded to me, and I push for about 900 more. He's got me covered, but not by that much.

Standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in the buyins I play.

Me no likie this at all.....

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Yugoslav
PS We also need to know the villians stack amount.....veeeery important info to be had there.
PPS Regardless of his stack amount, I jettison the hand absent a decent sorta read (and you certainly don't have enough of one it sound like).
Old 03-31-2005, 01:34 AM

I dont have the hh but as I recall he had 1300-1400. Essentially it was gonna cost him the tourney to call. Also, while I didn't have a great read, I said he was on the aggro side and opened more than his fair share of hands especially in LP. I highly doubt he needs a premium hand to steal the blinds from LP especially when the BB is as tight as I was. But I'd like to hear more opinions. Maybe I'm flat-out wrong.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:14 AM

Hmmmm, well, I do not play the $215s. However, my best guess is that most of the players I'm familiar with (Curtains, Dali, Strassa, ChrisV, ZJ, Giga, Frozen, etc) would fold here unless against a known opponent. I think Giga would be the most likely of the group to push....but this wouldn't make it the 'right' move by any means.

Like I initially said, I'd fold absent of a pretty solid read that this guy is going to be able to laydown whatever his hand is most of the time.

Yugoslav