Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 12:39 AM

Default AKs with some weird circumstances

my reads, mp1 is a fish , loose aggressive, a bb JUST sat down so no reads on him

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

i'm raisng here because i want a free card if i can get it, thought it was a good plan

Turn: (7.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.
i planned on taking the free card, but the fold made me bet here to try and steal, good line or no? and how about calling the raise? still a good idea or no?

River: (11.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

not gunna call down this one i know i'm beat.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

any suggestions on how to play this? did i play it well or was there some other line i should of taken. this marginal situations seem to be costing me money
Old 03-31-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: AKs with some weird circumstances

[ QUOTE ]
my reads, chanshelb is a fish, loose aggressive, gutshotdeuce JUST sat down so no reads on him

[/ QUOTE ]

we need their seat positions not their names [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2005, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

we need their seat positions not their names [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

whoops sorry. added it
Old 03-31-2005, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my reads, chanshelb is a fish, loose aggressive, gutshotdeuce JUST sat down so no reads on him

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhh, ok?

I'm folding to the turn check-raise.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:01 AM

If you assign 1.5 outs for each of your overcards and ignore the 5s completely (since it may complete a flush draw), you have about 5 outs. I think this is a conservative estimate.

5 outs gives you odds 8.4 : 1 for improving on the turn. After MP1's flop bet the pot is offering you 9.5 : 1. As I see it, you have a drawing hand. Why not just call on the flop?

olavfo
Old 03-31-2005, 01:06 AM

Here's my gut feel. I would call the SB on the flop and fold to a bet on the turn. I find that in micro limits it is very hard to get anyone to fold a pair. If I don't have a pair and no legitimate (sp?) draws then I'm gone. I can count on one hand the times I've won with ace high.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:10 AM

You did the free card play perfectly, until it came time to actually take the free card. A turn check-raise is a disaster here because you have too many outs to fold. This is a clear spot for the check-behind-with-outs play. If you could safely fold to a raise, it's not a bad spot to try to pick up the pot.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:22 AM

Yeah, I don't like that flop enough to raise it. It's nice that you have a gutshot stright and all, but it's the back-end of a straight and frequently it would be played to a chop.

I might not even bother calling the flop here, but I don't think it is a horrible thing to do.

KO
Old 03-31-2005, 01:59 AM

Getting 9.5:1 on a flop call with 2 overcards and 3 safe 5's I'm definitely calling.

I don't like the raise though either.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:09 AM

Oops....you have about 6 outs and odds 6.8 : 1. Even better.

olavfo