Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Standard or Laggro?

Pokerroom 10 Handed 1/2

Folded to me in the Hijack and I raise with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Folded to the BB who calls. This BB is moreorless solid and knows how to defend. So the flop comes 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or something like that. BB bets and I raise, he calls. Turn is a J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or something, BB checks and I bet. River is a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], BB checks I check behind. Standard?
Old 03-31-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Standard or Laggro?

looks pretty good.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:22 AM

Looks about right to me. I was tempted to say bluff the river, but I seem to be caugh bluffing on pokerroom way too often by solid players. On the other hand, he can't be that solid if he doesn't know Clarkmeister... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks about right to me. I was tempted to say bluff the river, but I seem to be caugh bluffing on pokerroom way too often by solid players. On the other hand, he can't be that solid if he doesn't know Clarkmeister... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would not consider a river bet a bluff here. It would be a value bet. But given that worse hands are likely to fold, and better hands might checkraise, I like the river check through.

Nice hand.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:29 AM

Personally I only pre-flop raise with A7o+ here, but I'm a weak-tighty.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:35 AM

Thanks for the responses guys, villain turns over A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Theres no way I would have bet thet river.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:39 AM

He should have played that hand a lot more aggressively. Anyone else 3 bet ATs preflop in a blind defense?
Old 03-31-2005, 02:31 AM

Definitely bet this river. Definitely call a raise, unless you feel like three-betting it (that would be lagro, but still probably +EV). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think he's going to show you TT or A9o more often than he'll show you a three here. I don't htink he'll defend with much less than K3s or A3s, or 33, if he's got a three.

You can't assume that he's got diamonds either. The probability of that is low and heads-up he'll call to the river with a wide range of hands.

He may even be waiting to checkraise you on this river with ATo, thinking that you've already defined your hand as a pair earlier in the hand, so the ace likely didn't help you, but since you're also solid, you'd probably bet.

This is a sweet board for your hand. Get the cash!

--Dave.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really hard for me to bluff the river when I've got two pair, so I normally just bet for value instead.

Edit: I'm tired so I hope I'm not being an ass. Basically, two pair is a strong hand, and there's not too much likelihood that he has a 3 or diamonds.

I think the hero wins this, and he would have gotten a call HU vs a tough opponent.

--Dave.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would not consider a river bet a bluff here. It would be a value bet. But given that worse hands are likely to fold, and better hands might checkraise, I like the river check through.

Nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make an interesting point (I'm tired, so please forgive me for not thinking of it already).

QQ would certainly call you, BUT the opponent doesn't have QQ. However, the opponent may have 77. 77 might not call. I'm not sure what kinds of hands a tough opponent would have, but a weakish ace seems likely, and that would be willing to pay.

What sorts of hands would you expect a villain to hold here? What hands would be raising, and which would be folding?

--Dave.