Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Throwing away Aces

Throwing away rockets can be hard, especially on a board like this. I couldn't do it - I just wasn't sure if I was beat. Villian is an absolute donk - 79%/0%/0.7 With those sort of stats and the hand action, did I play this wrong?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB
Old 03-30-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Throwing away Aces

Was it your intention to call a river bet?
Old 03-30-2005, 02:50 PM

looks fine, i think id call down another bet on river if villian is a total retard.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was it your intention to call a river bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, which is why I posted the hand. If I call his 3-bet on the turn then I have to call the river, right? Because if I'm beat on the turn then I'm not getting odds to call in the first place. Doesn't make sense to call the turn and then fold the river. Which is why, based on my reads, maybe I should have thrown this away on the turn. The pot is fairly big but not enough to go spastic over.

But then he checked the river ....
Old 03-30-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looks fine, i think id call down another bet on river if villian is a total retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the line, but I'd be crying calling the river. The thing that worries me most is the .7 aggression factor. Getting 3-bet on the turn by this guy strongly suggests a slowplayed 2. It's conceivable that someone this passive would be scared by the river six and not bet, even w/ 2's full.