Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 11:27 AM

Default SSHE Question

I'm on my second time around with SSHE and am catching things I missed before...one of them is in the bottom paragraph on page 91 and continues onto 92. When it says play any two suited cards, does this mean play them anywhere if the blinds are half the game size (like when the game is $2/$4 and the blinds are $1/$2)??? Or is it just talking about the blinds?

Sorry if this is a bonehead Q, but I just wanted to clear it up in my head so I'm not making mistake after mistake.

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: SSHE Question

Just talking about the blinds...
Old 03-30-2005, 12:30 PM

There is nothing wrong with your question.

In games like $2/$4 the small blind is "half size" i.e. $1, but in most $3/$6 games the small blind is only $1 so to call from the small blind is 2/3 of a bet instead of just 1/2.

I don't have SSHE in front of me to verify this is what is being discussed, but I'm thinking it is from your question. Can you quote part of the paragraph?
Old 03-30-2005, 01:05 PM

In the small blind only, and only in an unraised pot.

You need to get about 6.5-1 on your call, so you'll need 2 limpers plus the big blind to "draw" to a 4-flush. Occasionally, you'll get trips or a split two pair, as well, but not enough to justify calling with 52s with only one limper.

Suited hands from the small blind that have no ability to win by making top pair, and have relatively low straight making ability rely heavily on implied odds. You'll be folding most of these hands on the flop, but when you do hit, you'll usually be dragging a pretty big pot at the end.