Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 06:27 AM

Default Folded TPTK in a 28 BB pot

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.25. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (18 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero folds

Bad idea in this huge pot?
Old 03-30-2005, 06:31 AM

Default Re: Folded TPTK in a 28 BB pot

Heh, I'm not used to interpreting 8-way flops. Then again I usually play 6-max so :-þ.

You might have odds to draw out but against an average sane player I'd put him on a set a good portion of the time. That coupled with the fact that it might get capped and you might have to pay multiple bets to showdown even after a relatively good card (like a 6) comes for you that might have even hit one of these monkeys, I think it's a good laydown.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:29 AM

At least someones got a set or twopair. I'd lay it down.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:44 AM

Or TJ for the unlikely straight
Old 03-30-2005, 08:36 AM

I can't see TPTK being good here, and it's going to be very expensive to continue. Good fold.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:43 AM

sharpie: did you play this hand last night? i play .25/.5 at Paradise and i played last night for an hour- 8:00-9:00pm.

i can't get to my email for some reason to check if i saw this hand or not, but i don't remember it. anyway, just thought i'd ask.

he c/r and capped the flop and did it again on the turn. he's probably got a set and Button: 2 pair. i see people limp with JT and KQ all the time. lay it down. even if you make top 2 pair, it's a good chance you'll still lose.

good fold.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:44 AM

After UTG caps the flop, do you all agree with betting on the turn? If UTG does not already have 2 pair, a kq is a likely holding, no?

I would have checked the turn, hoping to see the river for the same single bet. That is unlikely, though. Seems likely that it will be 2 bets back and then fold.

Thx, tom
Old 03-30-2005, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After UTG caps the flop, do you all agree with betting on the turn? If UTG does not already have 2 pair, a kq is a likely holding, no?

I would have checked the turn, hoping to see the river for the same single bet. That is unlikely, though. Seems likely that it will be 2 bets back and then fold.

Thx, tom

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been seeing this play a great deal lately and wonder from whence it originates. Pot get capped on the flop, the turn comes and the flop villain/aggressor checks as if to say "Oh now I don't like my hand." Is this suppossed to be "tricky" play? In a hand like this I usually say thanks and check it on down the line.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sharpie: did you play this hand last night? i play .25/.5 at Paradise and i played last night for an hour- 8:00-9:00pm.

[/ QUOTE ]

It happened around 10-11PM Pacific time (not Pacific poker although I'm sometimes on there [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) last night.

I have about $17 bonus left to clear til I try a different site, takes forever to get the $100 bonus at .25/.50 don't it? I play a bit of .50/$1.00 to try and clear it faster if I can find a table higher than 25% players/flop. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2005, 10:59 AM

it does take a while to get the $100 bonus at .25/.5

i don't get to play very often or for very long, so i have like $40 still to clear [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

is your name on these boards the same as your Paradise name? i'll keep an eye out for you.