Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Raise or limp?
Limp 5 11.63%
Raise 38 88.37%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2005, 05:14 AM

Default heads up play aggression

a week or two ago, someone asked how to play heads up. i replied that with a big stack you have time to pick a spot. curtains replied and shot me down. i have since been almost maniacal when in the lead heads up as an experiment and the initial results look pretty bleak. which leads me to
Old 03-30-2005, 05:16 AM

Default Re: heads up play aggression

[ QUOTE ]
a week or two ago, someone asked how to play heads up. i replied that with a big stack you have time to pick a spot. curtains replied and shot me down. i have since been almost maniacal when in the lead heads up as an experiment and the initial results look pretty bleak. which leads me to

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're the big stack and the blinds are substantial you should be even more willing to push. You could afford to gamble it up and they can't. I don't recall the post curtains made but he's right.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:31 AM

Curtains is right.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're the big stack and the blinds are substantial you should be even more willing to push. You could afford to gamble it up and they can't. I don't recall the post curtains made but he's right.

[/ QUOTE ]

alright fair enough...now define big stack and gamble for me.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

alright fair enough...now define big stack and gamble for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well big stack HU is what something like you have 3/4 the chips and they have the remaining 1/4 right? Say 7500 for you, 2500 for them and 250/500 blinds at a 50+. Gamble it up as in pushing top 40% of hands or something. (pulling all these #'s out my ***) Depends on the other player and your risk tolerance I'd say. If you're the aggressor and you don't take some ugly beats, with that stack you'll usually win it.