Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 02:05 AM

Default Fun w/AJo

Apologies to the Dude for stealing his trademark, but I like it.

MP3 is loose-aggressive preflop but is more reasonable postflop. CO is short-stacked and has 1BB left after his preflop cap.

UTG is very loose and neutral postflop.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (18.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO raises (all-in), UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...
Old 03-30-2005, 02:13 AM

Default Re: Fun w/AJo

you knew the co was going to go all in so you used him to get an extra sb into the pot after utg just called the raise pretty much saying that you have the best hand.

next street?
Old 03-30-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you knew the co was going to go all in so you used him to get an extra sb into the pot after utg just called the raise pretty much saying that you have the best hand.

next street?

[/ QUOTE ]

The rest of the hand is pretty boring, but yeah, that was it. No raises from LAG + no raises from UTG mean my hand is the best at this point in time.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:44 AM

Having the reads you do I think it is an interesting play, but the call/raise screams that you have a good hand. Then again its .5/1 and your opps probably dont even know what they are doing, much less paying attention to you
Old 03-30-2005, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but the call/raise screams that you have a good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I don't think I'm going to get a ton more out of MP3. He's a LAG preflop but he's aware. What other lines would you consider?

Rob
Old 03-30-2005, 11:00 PM

Well, you have some very strong reads it seems like. Since one guy has only 1 BB left, hes probably just gonna spew it away anyway and if someone is LAG preflop then you can call the cap w/AJo, so preflop is fine.
Once again, since one guy is just gonna raise it anyway, your call/raise is good. Its still a very interesting play, what would you do without the reads?
I would fold PF w/o the preflop LAG read and if the other guy had 25BBs in front of him...if I did call, I would probably raise the flop and if 3-bet then I will fold to a turn bet UI or call down if he is somewhat LAGgy postflop, too.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (18.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO raises (all-in), UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just sexy.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:33 PM

Raising PF with junk with two EP callers is a mortal sin in NL. In limit you MAY get away with sometime. I would suppose you had good read on both EP players. I'd only open-raise with this hand personally.
Although the texture of the flop is pretty good for you, I'd still argue for raising after UTG bets to trim the field down a bit.
What was your thinking throughout this hand?
Old 03-30-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising PF with junk with two EP callers is a mortal sin in NL. In limit you MAY get away with sometime. I would suppose you had good read on both EP players. I'd only open-raise with this hand personally.
Although the texture of the flop is pretty good for you, I'd still argue for raising after UTG bets to trim the field down a bit.
What was your thinking throughout this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

You do know that AJo isn't junk, right? Folding AJo preflop in a micro limit game is cutting close to that 'mortal sin' you're thinking about.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising PF with junk with two EP callers is a mortal sin in NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

NL is a vastly different game than limit.