Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 12:26 AM

Default Problems with the lower boat

The table is great right now, very passive, both preflop and postflop. Overall table averages are about 45 VPIP and 3 PFR, with hands on the players varying between 50-500.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

I limped in preflop because I figured that the passive nature of this table makes it OK to call a lot of suited hands. Are these cards high enough that I should be raising them instead? The only other aggressive player at the table acts behind me.

Flop: (4.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, BB folds.

Should I have checked here instead to induce a river bluff maybe? I probably would have folded to a raise from anyone but the aggressive player, but maybe not.

River: (6.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Same deal here, I'm confused about what to do. Bet and hope the Ace calls me? Bet and fold to a raise? Check, induce a bluff and call?

Final Pot: 6.20 BB

I'm looking for input on the whole hand really, thoughts/comments?
Old 03-30-2005, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Problems with the lower boat

this is a silly easy postflop raise, even more so at this type of table (Loose-passive).

bet and call a raise. that river check is real bad.

[ QUOTE ]
I probably would have folded to a raise from anyone but the aggressive player, but not.

[/ QUOTE ]