Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 12:58 PM

Default How high is your VPIP?

After 60,000 hands at 15/30 my VPIP is still ridiculously high. But so is my 2+ BB/100 rate.

Any reason for concern?

I'm used to the variance by now....but something tells me in a sea of 17 and 19 VPIP, my __._ is frowned upon.

If this thread is useless, then we can play guess Matty's VPIP, whoever hits the nail on the head win's ummm something?

I won't know the new number until PT finishes my hand download from this weekend.

Sorry if this sucks, I've never posted a pokertracker thread before...I'm a little ashamed.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: How high is your VPIP?

I don't play 15/30, but at 2/4 I hover(ed) between 18 and 19. PFR between 10 and 11.

I know a winning 5/10 player whose VP$IP is between 21 and 24 at any given time. he's not a 2+2er but he plays really well postflop.

what's your PFR?
Old 03-29-2005, 01:07 PM

I'd say I have the highest numbers out of anyone here. I actually don't know anything but the VP$IP off the top of my head. I'll post my stats tomorrow. And I will probably have to assume a new identity as I will lose all poker credibility I'm sure.

Not that I had much...
Old 03-29-2005, 01:11 PM

IMO if you can win playing slightly looser I think more people would want to know your secret rather than critique. 60K still aint huge but it is fairly likely you win.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:12 PM

I will guess in the 25% ball park.

That is where I run on PS, no where near your limits of course, but the tables are really loose, and suited cards are big winners for me.

I am also running high for two broadway cards.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:21 PM

Yeah I know 60K isnt huge..that's why I want to nip this in the bud... but I've probably got 10-15K at lower limits at the same VP$IP. It's actually been consistant, cept for the rollercoaster weekends when I go up and down 200BBs swings. I had one REALLY bad downswing when I tried adding a 3rd table. I dropped 500+ BBs, but recovered from that nicely with a much larger upswing in March.(My rationale for the 3rd table causing my downswing is that I don't have a good computer so I have to switch over, and that gets very hectic...New Dell 9300 is on the way so I may try adding a third soon) as for my secrets? I think I play better then most, post-flop but remember I'm only playing 2 games at once..so it's easier to make "plays".
Old 03-29-2005, 02:05 PM

I run at about 20vpip, two things -

1) are you including shorthanded numbers?
2) you probably steal a lot and defend liberally in both blinds.

otherwise, much over that I believe is not optimal, but would love to be proved wrong.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:12 PM

Stox. I doubt I'm proving YOU wrong. I defend very liberally. I know this is probably where the leak is...I defend with almost anything playable.

Weird thing is I probably don't steal enough. Sometimes I won't even get involved with a low Ace depending on who I have in the blinds. I generally muck every offsuit ace too.

I'm definitely higher then 20.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:36 PM

Haha, this number's really bothering you isn't it? Well, I can say that I am probably one of the tightest players on here, and I hate it. Maybe you can send some of your extra VPIP my way.
<font color="white">I know your loc said 25, but I'm betting it's more like 26.4</font>
Old 03-29-2005, 02:39 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

it would probably be helpful for you to post a screenshot of your position stats tab sorted 7-10 players. maybe you're ridiculously loose on the button and in the CO, which woulnd't be such a bad thing. it's possible that you play a lot of shorthanded and you're very loose there, or that you win a lot shorthanded and your high winrate can be attributed to that. how many tables do you play. if you played 60k hadns I'm assuming it's 4, but if it's 1 or 2 then you can afford to play more hands.

also note your SD over that sample is probably about .8 BB/100, so it's possible you're just running good.