Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Finally, A worthy slowplay example.

Paradise Poker $1-2 9 handed

Table is quite tight at about 28% flops seen. Blind steals and folds to the blinds are common.

5 folds, AC raises with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in CO, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

(6 SB)
3 players FLOP:
9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets, AC calls, SB raises, BB reraises, AC calls, SB calls.

(7 BB)
3 players TURN:
9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets, AC calls, SB calls.

(10 BB)
3 players RIVER: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets, AC calls.....?

Anyone think I would have gotten more money by capping the flop? I think doing so would have caused the SB to drop on the turn.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Finally, A worthy slowplay example.

I'm raising that turn.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:49 PM

I don't think capping the flop would net you more. I'd rather keep make sure to keep SB in rather than getting 1 more BB into the pot. I'd call that river too since I suspect SB has a baby flush.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:52 PM

I think this was alright, a little odd.

I love the river: if BB had a set or 2 pair (which is what he is representing, that or a 2nd best flush) with the 9 then your river play was perfect. If you raised and your ahead, SB folds and BB calls (1 extra bet). If you raised and you where behind SB folds and BB re-raises and you have to call (you lose 2 bets).

As for the other streets: if you cap the flop then it SCREAMS monster (if your opps are at all good, they will know that) but not raising BB's bet after your PFR is a little sketchy too. I would probably raise the flop and play from there. If SB raised and BB capped, I would bet/raise the rest of the way and call the river being scared of a full house (bet if check too, though).
Old 03-28-2005, 06:52 PM

I think that you should have capped the flop. You said that the table was tight preflop, but what about postflop? SB has already shown some agression, so I would be inclined to expect him to call a cap back to him.

The thing about hands like this is you're not really sure what you're hoping for on the turn. Is somebody holding onto a single [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? Or will the forth diamond scare somebody off? I say get the bets in while you have the chance.

I think I would raise the turn... but again others might disagree. It all depends on what the table has been doing postflop.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm raising that turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-28-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm raising that turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

easy turn raise dude.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm raising that turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that this was a great chance to raise the turn. The flop action certainly looks like at least one lesser flush, and when the black T falls on the turn, the lesser flush has got to believe you hit a straight. You could end up getting the turn and the river capped with the nut flush!
Old 03-28-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm raising that turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that this was a great chance to raise the turn. The flop action certainly looks like at least one lesser flush, and when the black T falls on the turn, the lesser flush has got to believe you hit a straight. You could end up getting the turn and the river capped with the nut flush!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, but that seems very unlikely. It just seems to me that there was 2 good players playing their marginal hands aggressively against a perceived CO steal attempt. And if their hands were indeed marginal, then I wanted them to keep betting. Where as a raise would cause them to shut down or even fold, once they figure I might indeed have a real raising hand.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:33 PM

I just find it instinctively wrong when you flopped the nut flush, have the best hand like >80% by the river and can't find a raise somewhere.