Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 07:01 PM

Default For those who play 10/20 regularly....

Hi guys and gals!

So, I hit a 10/20 table for only the 2nd time in my life today. I was up $285, but then I hit a bad swing of cards (Q's and K's cracked - then, the table started playing like a 3/6 table but I couldn't get the cards to capitalize) and finished down $280. My question is this: What is a reasonable win at a 10/20 game? I know that people will say "Stay until the game isn't good" and stuff like that, but I feel I am being a realist when I ask if 14BB's is a reasonable win for a session? Thanks for your advice.

rob b

***Crossposted in the "B/M" and "Mid-High" Hold-em section.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:34 PM

Default Re: For those who play 10/20 regularly....

I have a standard deviation of about 15BB / hour. So after one hour of play 66% of the time I will be either up or down about 15BB. Basically, I only really notice sessions where I'm up or down more than 20 BB.

For some reason though, your post sounds like a 'should I aim to win 14 BBs per session?' type of post. I hope not, because that would just be silly.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:46 PM

2BB/hr in a good game is not unreasonable. Positive variance will give you your share of $1g days, negative variance will do the opposite.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:11 PM

Its actually slightly different, with a SD of 15bb/hr there is a 66% chance that you will be either up your winrate+15bb or down your winrate-15bb.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:52 PM

I gotta be honest Jo, as fan of your other pics, this one does nothing for you, and honestly kind of frightens me a little bit.

I imagine im in the minority on that opinion tho [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2005, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know that people will say "Stay until the game isn't good" and stuff like that, but I feel I am being a realist when I ask if 14BB's is a reasonable win for a session?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it's a reasonable win for the session.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Stay until the game isn't good" and stuff like that, but I feel I am being a realist when I ask if 14BB's is a reasonable win for a session?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes 14 is a good win... But 25 is better.. And ofcours -14 is not nice...

If the game is good then I stay as long as I feel that I play my best game, untill I feel that I wish to do something else ( becaus then I start to not play my best game ), is satisfied for the day or have to go and do something else...

To bad that I have not followed this rules always when I am down.... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

And ofcurse I will be happy if I am up 14 BB when I quit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] !
Old 03-26-2005, 03:07 PM

My winrate is zero [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2005, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I gotta be honest Jo, as fan of your other pics, this one does nothing for you, and honestly kind of frightens me a little bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This saddens me more than somewhat, especially coming from a fellow 'body part avatar' poster.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This saddens me more than somewhat, especially coming from a fellow 'body part avatar' poster.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I really hope you are refering to my sign language avatars, and not this horrible picutre of someguys (probably Mantasm himself" back. I get more PMs about this stupid thing.....lol, its done more to ruin me as a poster, than all the crappy posts I make [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]