Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 03:37 AM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.
Default AQo 3-bet from the SB

MP is semi-loose preflop, raises about 7% of his hands. Passive postflop, but doesn't always chase (I think [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]).

CO is tight aggressive (~18% vpip) and has raised preflop every hand he's been in.

I think this is another overaggressive preflop play by me.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds...
Old 03-25-2005, 03:40 AM

Default Re: AQo 3-bet from the SB

Yeah, especially against a tight raiser. I like just calling there. Post-flop you could be put in a precarious position doing this out of position. I like to 3-bet AQo when i'm in late position and can use that extra SB investment to my advantage throughout the hand.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:15 AM

I like just a call preflop too in this spot. Position is really a killer, you have to remember that a tight raiser like this is often going to be tenacious, so you will virtually never pick this up on the flop. To make a profit off the 3-bet I think you have to bet it hard, facing the risk of having a passive post flop player calling you down with a better hand (and there arnt many worse hands he could have).
Old 03-25-2005, 12:27 PM

I just realized I mixed up the reads. Yeah, from CO whose raising close to 20% of his hands this is an easy 3 bet.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:58 AM

This looks fine. Realize that if CO knows what he's doing he's expanded his PFR range here in an attempt to isolate MP. AQo is a strong hand so punish him for doing so and take initiative by 3-betting.

Postflop is standard.