Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are you or do you know someone who is a millionaire without an education?
yes 32 32.99%
no 65 67.01%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2005, 02:54 PM

Default What move between limits requires the biggest adjustment?

Based on either personal expereince or anecdotes, tell me at what levels do you think there is the biggest difference in style of play and the abilities of the players.

Or to put it differently, what move between levels do you think requires the biggest adjustment?

And if possible, tell me whether you think this depends on a particular site.

(I'm speaking principally of online limit, full tables, but feel free to mention if you think there are bigger jumps involved at short-tables, or nl.)

Oh, and this is not a bankroll question, just a question about differences in playing styles at each level
Old 03-24-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Re: What move between limits requires the biggest adjustment?

Keep those votes a'coming, please.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:31 PM

I've only played Party up to 5-10, but so far, 2-4 to 3-6 is definitely the biggest.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:45 PM

I voted 5/10 - 10/20

I have not done this step yet but I am preparing me to do it some day. The problem I see is that there is almost no 10-handed tables at 10/20 on Party and co. Especially not at daytime in Sweden (I think I saw 1 table last time I looked). So I have decided to learn 6-max so I do not have to make the jump to 15/30 right away. This is a big adjustment.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:55 PM

Now that I started this thread, I wish I had also asked people to identify the level they currently play.

I voted for 3/6 to 5/10, I think because it's my next step and, perhaps for that reason, seems the most imposing to me.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:59 PM

There are noticeable differences at each level. As you move up in limits there are adjustments that need to be made. Not only because of better players but because of different blind structures.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:07 PM

I voted for 5/10 to 10/20

In many public card rooms under 10/20 is considered low limit and above 10/20 mid/high limit. Often these games are in separate areas and use separate podiums. This division often leads to a marked change in game texture at 10/20 compared to the lower limits. Obviously, there is no such distinction on-line, but for many former B&M players the distinction carries on in the on-line game.

Paul
Old 03-24-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In many public card rooms under 10/20 is considered low limit and above 10/20 mid/high limit. Often these games are in separate areas and use separate podiums. This division often leads to a marked change in game texture at 10/20 compared to the lower limits. Obviously, there is no such distinction on-line, but for many former B&M players the distinction carries on in the on-line game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so, unless you consider a "marked change in game texture" the slight dialing down in donkishness of 1-3 players and adding 1-2 decent/tight players and maybe 1 tough player.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:47 PM

I think the results may be skewed b/c people will tend to put what their own next "jump" is.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:55 PM

I voted 'they're all the same' b/c I play micro limits and wanted to see the results. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]