Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 01:19 PM

Default KK vs Unknown

Played less than 10 hands with villain, he has played two hands so far, he raised pf from EP with AJ o/s and played the hand correctly after the flop. He also raised pf with JJ and again played the hand correctly so he seems ok.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

I think the bet out on the flop probabably rules out that he has got a set of eights or nines, but I think he still could have a wide range of hands. I am fairly sure that I am currently ahead.

Turn: (7.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ?????

The c/r was a bit of a surprise. I would be surprised if he had something like AQ or KQ. I think he may have AA (six ways) QQ (3 ways) or KK (1 way) I would be surprised if he had JJ or TT. I think I am probably behind, and I don't have the odds to draw for another king. The pot is however quite big so whats my play?
Old 03-23-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: KK vs Unknown

Given that you've only seen fewer than 10 hands, I'm not sure you can put him on a hand. Yes, the two you've seen were good starting hands, and he played them well, but who's to say he wouldn't have 3-bet the AJo if re-raised? So, I don't think you should so quickly discount that he might be holding K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or AQo.

I think your hand is obviously too strong to fold in this pot, so call the turn. The bigger question to me is what you'll do when the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] falls on the river?
Old 03-23-2005, 01:36 PM

I call down from here. The board is scary and you don't know what he's up to, so there's no need to go overboard.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:03 PM

I think half of the time it's going to be QQ, the other half AQ. I'd call down after that CR.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:32 PM

call down as well unless I had better reads
Old 03-23-2005, 03:11 PM

A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] wouldn't be out of the question either. . . .
all in all, i'd call down but i wouldn't be terribly suprised to see AA or QQ. Whatever it is, i wanna see it.