Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 11:08 AM

Default Steroids and cheating???

Why isn't the fact that baseball hasn't had a rule against steroids until now brought up. If there was no rule then it wasn't cheating. Stupid? yes...Unethical advantage? yes...Cheating? No...I am not defending the use of steroids but when people say it is CHEATING then they are wrong...Remember when McGwire was about to break Maris's record and the reporter found his supplements???We have been through this all before.... Now McGwire is in trouble with the public cuz he won't deny he ever used them and an unbelievable man(Canseco) says he did. ...Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't and I for one don't care...What I do care about is why we are having committee hearings because of steroids in baseball...We have troops in Iraq (as well as other counties)...Think of all the important things the gov't could be discussing...But they are too concerned with why Barry Bonds hit 73 home runs???
Old 03-23-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Steroids and cheating???

As long as MLB has antitrust immunity, they are totally fair game for government hearings like this one. In fact, I encourage them as MLB has shown itself to have no concern whatsoever about their customer base.