Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2005, 05:32 PM

Default hitting on someone on a date... who isn\'t your date

ok so i went out last night with this girl... it was my 3rd date with her. we were going to this bar where there was this mixer kind of thing her friend (whom i had met previously, not through this girl) set up.

so we're at this mixer event and the girl who i'm there with is talking to me but also talking to other people, i.e. mixing or whatever. meanwhile i am talking to this other girl for quite some time. p.s. it is open bar and i am on maybe my 6th or 7th by now.

so as my date comes back over to talk to me, the other girl tells me she is leaving. she was very cool though and i couldn't just let her leave, so i asked her for her number and anyway eventually wound up giving her mine. i thought i was being discreet but then as i sit down my date says something like "good job."

now i have never cheated on anyone or anything like that and we're obviously not committed after um 2 dates but who here thinks that's a pretty dick move to do this while we were at this social together? i felt kind of stupid after she said something though i'm still only 75% on whether that's what she was referencing.

anyone have a similar story? opinions? was this a negative ev move?
Old 03-18-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: hitting on someone on a date... who isn\'t your date

I guess it would depend on the vibe you got from your current date vs. the vibe you got from this new chick you met. Obviously it pretty much screws up any chance of getting on the good side of the girl you were actually on a date with, but if this new chick seemed cool enough I guess it's not a bad move. Just realize you can't have it both ways - unless they are both into that kind of thing...

Swede
Old 03-18-2005, 05:40 PM

well the funny thing is i did still go home with the girl i was on the date with.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well the funny thing is i did still go home with the girl i was on the date with.

[/ QUOTE ]

then she must've been cool with it, and meant it when she said, "good job". Now that's a cool girl!
Old 03-18-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously it pretty much screws up any chance of getting on the good side of the girl you were actually on a date with

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, if you weren't a dick about it at all it probably made her feel MORE attracted to you. She seen that you were a cool guy, you aren't clingy and didn't need her at all. As bad as it sounds it probably helped you with the girl you were on the date with.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:53 PM

Dick Move.

How would YOU feel if you overheard your date giving her number to some guy at a bar?
Old 03-18-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously it pretty much screws up any chance of getting on the good side of the girl you were actually on a date with

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, if you weren't a dick about it at all it probably made her feel MORE attracted to you. She seen that you were a cool guy, you aren't clingy and didn't need her at all. As bad as it sounds it probably helped you with the girl you were on the date with.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may very well be correct. I never understood the whole thing about chicks being attracted to dicks ('cause asking for another chick's number while on a date IS a dick move no matter how you go about it) but many times they are. Then again it might be the best way to open the door to a menage...

Swede
Old 03-18-2005, 06:08 PM

Overall, slightly dick. Depends if you liked the girl by the third date. If you don't really care and liked this other girl, gamble. Don't get caught though. Depends how old you are too. If she is very young or older, they tend to take these things more seriously. The 20-28 year age group seem to be pretty cool with the [censored] buddy relationships.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dick Move.

How would YOU feel if you overheard your date giving her number to some guy at a bar?

[/ QUOTE ]

Word.... I'd be pissed if I was the girl. I'd probably be a catty bitch and find the girl who got your number and tell her how bad you are in bed... cause women are bitches like that. Man I would hate being a woman...

Freakin
Old 03-18-2005, 06:12 PM

i dont know if it changes the analysis of the situation but i thought i should probably point out that i'm actually also a girl.