Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How much material is covered?
Very little 0 0%
A little 0 0%
A fair amount 3 4.48%
A lot 40 59.70%
A vast amount 24 35.82%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Cheating in a relationship

Events in my personal life inspire this post. Empathy and sympathy appreciated. Comments read with interest.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Cheating in a relationship

I was cheated on by an ex (imagine that) and how I felt when I found out is the number one reason I will never ever cheat on my wife.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I was cheated on by an ex (imagine that) and how I felt when I found out is the number one reason I will never ever cheat on my wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was informed in one of my favorite restaurants, in the middle of a nice meal. I guess this was to blunt my reaction. Although I had suspected it, it came as a total shock anyway, and crushed me all the same. The sickening part is that a little before, she had incorrectly accused me of cheating on her and tried to demonstrate her "feelings" with a knife. I now realize the accusation was a cover for her own infidelities.

Also, I was once with a girl who was cheating on her boyfriend (but I didn't know it). He tried to obliterate me.

I will never ever ever ever cheat on anyone. It is completely destructive to everyone involved.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...been with someone else while they were cheating on another.
-

[/ QUOTE ]

(I was single at the time)

it wasn't even fun. I felt dirty. not worth it at all. I would hate to be cheated on, so I decided that was the only time and chalked it up to a stupid mistake.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:56 AM

Sorry to hear about the crap you just went through. I need an option for something along the lines of having suspected my gf of cheating on me, although I never could be sure of it and we were going to break up anyway. That's as close as I can get. Well, maybe I can also get something like a girl left her bf for me kind of option too.

So what'd you do when you found out? Did you bitch her out and leave her right then with the table and the bill to herself, or did you finish the meal? I think if I were you, there would have been one or two quick, loud expletives and I'd just get up and leave.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:58 AM

She is trash and it sounds like she is crazy too. You are lucky to get away from her.

It sucks what she did but don't feel bad about it. There are plenty of untrustworthy people in the world. Just learn not to associate with them. Surround yourself with good people.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I was informed in one of my favorite restaurants, in the middle of a nice meal.

[/ QUOTE ]

that sucks, because if it were me I'd have not only lost my girlfriend, but also my favorite restaurant. (I don't see how I could eat there again)
Old 03-18-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...been with someone else while they were cheating on another.
-

[/ QUOTE ]

(I was single at the time)

it wasn't even fun. I felt dirty. not worth it at all. I would hate to be cheated on, so I decided that was the only time and chalked it up to a stupid mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-18-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to hear about the crap you just went through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.

[ QUOTE ]
I need an option for something along the lines of having suspected my gf of cheating on me, although I never could be sure of it and we were going to break up anyway. That's as close as I can get.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me, having the suspicion that I was almost certain of is almost as painful as the confirmation. I mean, I was with her for two years and I reached a point where I didn't trust her? That is an incredibly painful realization. The confirmation was just being kicked after already being on the ground. Albet, kicked really really hard, in the groin.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, maybe I can also get something like a girl left her bf for me kind of option too.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's hot.

[ QUOTE ]
So what'd you do when you found out? Did you bitch her out and leave her right then with the table and the bill to herself, or did you finish the meal? I think if I were you, there would have been one or two quick, loud expletives and I'd just get up and leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

It went beyond one or two. There were many, many expletives. Only a couple were loud. I said "unf[/i]uckingbelieveable" a lot. Yes, I cried. Call me a donk, but I dropped $40 on the table and I left. We were together for two years, and now I never want to see her again.

I also learned not to play poker while on life tilt.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She is trash and it sounds like she is crazy too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Some of my friends have said they thought this before all the events. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Thanks, guys!

[ QUOTE ]
You are lucky to get away from her.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been the most sobering realization. I am glad this happened now instead of two or three years down the line after I had engaged or married her.

[ QUOTE ]
It sucks what she did but don't feel bad about it. There are plenty of untrustworthy people in the world. Just learn not to associate with them. Surround yourself with good people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.