Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Fold Equity in 800 20+3 / 30+3 Party/Affiliates SnG\'s

Hey all. This is my first real post here at two plus two. I have been playing poker on and off for a while now and just decided to start playing a little more seriously. My roommate is a poster on these forums and some of you may know him. His account on 2+2 is rapor517. Anyways because he plays many 50+5 and 100+9 SnG's I am already well aquainted with the 1000 chip SnG's. However, I am going to be starting on the lower level 800 chip SnG's so I can build a solid bankroll first.

Anyways, I understand that when raptor plays fold equity is a major part of his game. Steal blinds when there are 4-6 players left is a big part of his game. I was wondering if anyone with experience in both the '800' and '1000' chip levels can explain to me how much LESS fold equity I will have in the 800 chip games. I am assuming that there will be some lesser amount because of the looser (stupider) calls people will of course be making at the lower levels. I also realise that because one starts with less chips your FE will already be intrinsically lower as it is.

I would also be grateful of any advice any 20+2 or 30+3ers could give me about overcoming this obstacle in the 800 chip tournaments. Thanks!
Old 03-17-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Fold Equity in 800 20+3 / 30+3 Party/Affiliates SnG\'s

i must have been sleeping when you posted this.. pooooosh everything. holla
Old 03-17-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Fold Equity in 800 20+3 / 30+3 Party/Affiliates SnG\'s

and you have to end all your posts in some form of ghetto slang, so people will know where you're from

i'd suggest one of the following

-fo shizzle
-ya hurd
-crack-a-lackin
or simply
-word

Degen