Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2002, 09:10 PM

Default 1010 hand

hello all,
heres a hand i played last night.

open raise UTG+3 with pocket 10's, 2 cold callers, bb calls.

flop is K 9 3 rainbow

bb checks, i bet, one calls, one fold, bb fold, head up.

turn is a 6 completes rainbow

i bet again, he calls again. should i check it here??
i wasn't sure what to do.

river is a 10! i bet and get called and my hands good, my opponent throws KQo faceup in disgust.

guess i sucked out. what would you have done differently?
Old 10-03-2002, 09:33 PM

Default Re: 1010 hand

i bet and get called and my hands good, my opponent throws KQo faceup in disgust

Disgusted, yet too scared of you hold AK to play. I think you played it reasonably. Note that he only called the flop with his top pair and adjust next time he is in the pot with you.

Allan
Old 10-03-2002, 11:25 PM

Default Boy - he was bad !

* my opponent throws KQo faceup in disgust. * Boy - he was bad !? Pre-flop he should have folded (or raised). On the flop and/or turn he should have raised - in which case you would have been in big trouble.

* guess i sucked out. * What do you mean ? - 'guess' - you are playing a 2-outer !!! That is one of the advantages of being loose or aggressive - sometimes you catch some good stuff on the river. Of course it is much better to be aggressive than loose.
Old 10-04-2002, 12:04 AM

I like your flop bet. It is something I do 60-70% if I raise PF with a pocket pair and first one in even if an overcard falls on the flop. You represented AA or AK, made it heads up and put a better hand on the defensive. Your turn bet was gutsy. I may have been tempted to check here, unless my read is that he is calling with a second pair, e.g. A9s, and drawing to a possible two-pair or trips, etc., or it is my intention to bluff. If a T did not come on the river, what would you have done? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2002, 12:07 AM

Your opponent made a poor call preflop. You played the hand well, providing that you would fold if raised on the turn. Betting is better than checking....you give ur opponent a chance to fold, and you will get clear info if you're beat.

Jeff
Old 10-04-2002, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Boy - now you\'re bad!

"On the flop and/or turn he should have raised". Are you [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] ? Raise a PF raiser who led out on a K high flop? I don't care if I have KQ but I would be in a call situation and may even fold on hero's river bet. Or are you being results-oriented because you know hero has TT?

"That is one of the advantages of being loose or aggressive". Chasing a 2-outer to the river? Hmmmm. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2002, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Boy - now you\'re bad!

uh assuming I was dumb enough to coldcall with KQ, I would raise the flop to protect my hand.
Old 10-04-2002, 12:36 AM

Jeff,

Are you saying that raising a PF raiser on the flop who can be holding AA or AK is a better play even if you can possibly be holding a second or maybe third best hand? I know that this is one of the often called player-dependent situation. You maybe right if you know that hero would play the way he did - something I often do in his situation. Hey, I shouldn't be telling you my strategy as we may be playing against each other at TAJ. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2002, 01:59 AM

Default Boy - You are funny ! n/t

/////
Old 10-04-2002, 02:00 AM

Default Exactly my point ! n/t

/////