Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Ben Folds Covers Dr. Dre

Ben Folds has recently released a cover of "Bitches Ain't [censored]" by Dr. Dre. It's pretty entertaining and it's actually a very well done song... You can get it on iTunes (HAHAHA) or your file-sharing weapon of choice.

Then you can post about it here... Or whatever.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Ben Folds Covers Dr. Dre

I freaking LOVE Ben Folds and I've never seen him in concert. He is #1 on my must see list by far.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:47 AM

Definitely see Ben Folds in concert. I saw him last summer when he was on tour with Guster and Rufus Waingwright. He put on, by far, the best performance I have ever seen by anyone anywhere.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:49 AM

I wish he'd write more songs about abortions. Abortions are cool.

I'm pretty sure that sounds sarcastic, but I meant it seriously, I love that song and the story it tells.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:08 AM

Which song is about an abortion?
Old 03-13-2005, 04:11 AM

Brick.

Listen to it right now knowing what it's about. It makes infinitely more sense. If you've ever been involved in that situation it suddenly become extremly touching.

Especially the line:
"cant you see, it's not me you're dying for"
Old 03-13-2005, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I freaking LOVE Ben Folds and I've never seen him in concert. He is #1 on my must see list by far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ben Folds is one of the most entertaining shows out there right now, whether you like his music or not. If you're a fan, you have to see him live.
-James
Old 03-13-2005, 04:28 AM

Wow, you're completely right. That does add a lot to the context of the song. Thankfully, I've never had to be in that situation, but I can see how the song can convey the kind of pain and confusion that goes along with it.

That being said, Brick is one of my least favorite Ben Folds songs. I personally enjoy his more upbeat songs like Army and Steven's Last Night In Town much more. When I saw him live in Central Park in NYC, he performed Army and it was the greatest performance I've ever seen. It was just amazing. He just had the crowd going, and there was like this pulse, just running through everyone, and it was like nothing I've ever felt at a concert before. If you like his music, make it a point to see him live.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you're completely right. That does add a lot to the context of the song. Thankfully, I've never had to be in that situation, but I can see how the song can convey the kind of pain and confusion that goes along with it.

That being said, Brick is one of my least favorite Ben Folds songs. I personally enjoy his more upbeat songs like Army and Steven's Last Night In Town much more. When I saw him live in Central Park in NYC, he performed Army and it was the greatest performance I've ever seen. It was just amazing. He just had the crowd going, and there was like this pulse, just running through everyone, and it was like nothing I've ever felt at a concert before. If you like his music, make it a point to see him live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never seen him live. Been a fan for a very long time, always seemed like he'd be a boring show. I'll definitely have to check him out now though, after all these recommendations.

Brick was always one of my least favorite songs too, and it still is, but once someone told me what it was about (as a music lover I hate to admit that I didn't get it) it's got a different place in my heart now. I think it's his best song lyrically. The rest of his songs are just straightforward and fun but brick is very interesting from a songwriting perspective.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:37 AM

BTW i can't find this song on soulseek and i don't have iTunes or an iTunes account. Do you have a file name or something I could search for? If it's good I"ll buy it through a friends iTunes account but that's a lot of effort, i'd like to hear it first.