Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 04:35 PM

Default What to do?

Stars $3 rebuy satalite. First round after first break. Blinds 75/150. I am table chip leader with about 14K and next closest has about 9K.

I am BB with AQs. Everyone calls! I don't think I have ever seen everyone call before past the first round or two.

So what to do? I think this is a clear push. Especially given my chip position. I just checked though? I was confused by everyone calling. I was kicking myself as soon as I checked. Does anyone not push or at least raise aggressively here? Especially in a cheapo satalite.

I think a push is better than a standard raise in this case. Yes or no?
Old 03-12-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: What to do?

With that much action, I would just check, see what the flop hits, and make your decision from there. I would think there are too many chances with 8 other people that one of them has 88+, the A's would probably be spread. So you would have the 3 outs to the Q, or have to hit the flush/straight. Sure a push would probably get some out, but it could also be seen as a weak move from the big stack, so you may get a caller or two with a mid pair and be in a coin flip, again, probably only to the Q's/straight/flush.

TT