Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Hand from tonights Trop $150 No limit tourney..

Hi everyone,

I played in a $150+20 MTT at the Trop in Atlantic City.
Every players starts with T5,000, and the blinds start at T50-T100. Every level lasts 20 minutes.

I had this hand during the 5th level of the tournament. The limits were $150-$300 and an ante of T50. I built my stack to just under T15,000, I had T14325. I have more chips then all of my opponents except for the button. The button moved to our table from a busted table and brought T18,000 with him. He did not play a hand until he played this one.

The player UTG + 1 had raised from that spot for my big blind UTG+2 for my small blind the last three times I had to pay the blind bet. He had raised the last 3 hands in a row. He open raised with any pocket pair,any two suited broadway cards and with most suited Aces. He could lay down to a reraise. He had about T7,000.

The early middle position player tended to play very wildly and by the seat of his pants. He had also just moved to the table and he had about T8000. He played almost every hand since joining our table.

I had the position of the big blind for this hand. UTG+1 open raised to T600 two players folded and the player from early middle position reraised to T1200 everyone folded to the button. The button raised to T3000.

I looked down at A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] what should I have done?....

A thought I had before I took action, the first raiser raised with a lot of hands and could have most hands I would have a coin flip against.

The next raiser could have realized this player had light raising standards and tried to pick him off with a reraise steal attempt. The button who had a lot of chips could have realized this also and went for a resteal of the steal with any two cards. 3k did not put too much of a dent in his stack.

Results and more comments and thoughts later.
Poster MLG factored into my final decision.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Hand from tonights Trop $150 No limit tourney..

I would almost always fold here. People aren't usually that crazy. Ak is usually trash against a raise, reraise and 3bet in NL.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:21 PM

I would definitely fold here. People aren't usually that crazy.

What range of hands do you think I am up against?
Old 03-11-2005, 11:22 PM

one more detail...

The button mucked 10 10 face up.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:26 PM

I dont know, but you will be allin against AA or KK much more often than youll be allin against AQ or AJ.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:27 PM

I mean I don't know the players so it's hard to say for sure that folding is correct, but I'm having a hard time imagining a lineup where I would reraise AKs there.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I mean I don't know the players so it's hard to say for sure that folding is correct, but I'm having a hard time imagining a lineup where I would reraise AKs there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the information on the players. I did not have much respect for their raising standards.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:43 PM

You said the button just moved to your table and reraised 2 raisers after not playing a hand.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:47 PM

Yes, he could have enough wisdom to realize the perfect resteal position and went for a win right there by making a $3k raise.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:50 PM

So you pushed and the button folded? And he showed his tens as an indication of what a fantastic fold he'd just made to a four bet all in?

That's great, but I think you got one of maybe two hands that fold, as opposed to the four other ones that call this and probably bust you.