Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 01:55 AM

Default Limit O/8 VP$IP

I ran a search for this, but didn't find anything. If this is a reposted question, I apologize.

Anyways, I've been haunting the $0.5/$1 O/8 tables at Party for a few days, and I've got about 1k hands in PTO. Obviously this is only a drop in the bucket in terms of proper sampling, but I've noticed a bit of a trend lately with my VP$IP.

Over 1,000 hands, it's stayed relatively constant at 10-11%. Of course this could just be an anomaly over this small of a sample, but if this trend continues for several more thousand hands, is ~10% VP$IP something to be concerned about?
Old 03-11-2005, 07:57 AM

Default Re: Limit O/8 VP$IP

[ QUOTE ]
I ran a search for this, but didn't find anything. If this is a reposted question, I apologize.

Anyways, I've been haunting the $0.5/$1 O/8 tables at Party for a few days, and I've got about 1k hands in PTO. Obviously this is only a drop in the bucket in terms of proper sampling, but I've noticed a bit of a trend lately with my VP$IP.

Over 1,000 hands, it's stayed relatively constant at 10-11%. Of course this could just be an anomaly over this small of a sample, but if this trend continues for several more thousand hands, is ~10% VP$IP something to be concerned about?

[/ QUOTE ]

10% seems awfully low to me. What is your starting hand selection ?
Old 03-11-2005, 02:00 PM

You can add a few more marginal hands like A3sxx.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:34 PM

limp a few more hands from mid-late position such as A3xx (with the ace suited, a 3rd wheel, or otherwise enhanced), or on the button with 234x or 235x or 4 broadways (preferably suited up). Obviously the 23xx two are predominantly low hands but if x is another low card (6 or a 7) you stand a good chance of hitting a straight and scooping if your low comes in.

I'm suffering the reverse problem you are, my VPIP is too high because I keep convincing myself to play the weaker hands out of position.