Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2005, 03:10 AM

Default 5-10 PL HAND

This hand was a few days ago at Hawaiian Gardens. I'm 2nd to act and make it $30 to go w/ K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($2500 in front) I get called in 3 places, middle position, button and BB. I have everyone covered, $125 in the pot. Flop comes...

K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, I bet the pot, folded around to BB and he checkraises to $375, he has about $1800 in front, and I don't respect his game very much. I call,

Turn pairs the 5, he bets $575 and I call immediately,

River brings the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He thinks for about a minute and checks, I go all in.

-D.J.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:22 AM

Default Re: 5-10 PL HAND

[ QUOTE ]
I don't respect his game very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

what exactly does this mean?
your defination of this makes a big difference in whether this play has a high liklihood of succeeding.

you certainly played it like you had the A of diamonds, however do you not respect his game because he calls to much? or because he is weak-tight?

i'm curious as to whether you thought your K was good the whole time, or whether you thought you could move him off his baby flush if a fourth diamond fell.

it certainly appears as if he flopped a small flush, the question is is he willing to lay it down on the river with over 1/2 his stack in the pot.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:58 AM

Default Re: 5-10 PL HAND

I just see him routinely make bad plays, like bad calls w/ not much of anything, obvious bluffs, etc. People join the game just because of him. In the hand, I guess the main decision was on the turn, where it usually is. On the flop I thought he was just trying to make a move to see where I was, then was basically forced to follow through with a bet on the turn. I felt about 75% sure I had him beat, and 25% that he maybe had a small flush, which is why I just called on the turn, so I still can possibly make him fold if a 4th diamond hits. However, I felt I had him beat no matter what fell, and he was just forced to make his turn bet.

-D.J.