Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Flopped a straight flush. How do I get paid?

I was dealt 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB and it folds around to the SB who completes and I check. Flop comes 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]!! He checks it to me and I check. 4th street is Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and it's checked around again. 5th street is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He checks, I bet the minimum and he folds. Would it have been smarter of me to make minimum bets after the flop or on 4th st to get more profit from this pot?
Old 03-09-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Flopped a straight flush. How do I get paid?

[ QUOTE ]
I was dealt 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB and it folds around to the SB who completes and I check. Flop comes 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]!! He checks it to me and I check. 4th street is Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and it's checked around again. 5th street is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He checks, I bet the minimum and he folds. Would it have been smarter of me to make minimum bets after the flop or on 4th st to get more profit from this pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

First off it is likely no matter what you do you are not getting paid off here especially if the blinds are low. You want to bet the flop or turn since he might call with a flush draw or an ace that he will fold to a river bet.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Flopped a straight flush. How do I get paid?

Sometimes you eat the Bar; sometimes the Bar eats you..Cowboy