Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Nut Draw

I seem to have this problem alot! in a no rebuy tourney when is it ok to draw for the nut draw? JUST WHEN I AM GETTING THE ODDS? WHAT ABOUT A REBUY TOURNEY WITH ALL LOOSE PLAYERS?
Old 03-08-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Nut Draw

I haven't played a rebuy tourney and have nothing to offer for that. In a no rebuy tourney you need to weigh several things before calling w/ a nut draw. First, if it is too much of your stack muck it. You can't afford to draw unless you have some chips. Two, what is your position. With a few players behind you, usually a fold is right. Also, who is behind you? If they reraise often then a fold is definitely good. In this case, your call leaves you uncertain if you will get to see the next card at the current price.

Another thing: Who is making the bet in the first place. Calling for the turn may buy you the river. Optimum call there.

Finally, make sure you have the odds. Implied odds should be a factor when it's close. If it's not close, fold. While odds help, all of the above are necessary with them too.