Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Premature balding

Ok, I'm 23 years and 11 months. Last weekend I go to visit my parents, and my mother and grandmother claim that my hairline is receeding from the last time I saw them? What the [censored]. I didn't notice it until they pointed it out. What the hell can I do now. Am I too young for rogaine? Maybe I should eat better? Suggestions please. Any way for a reversal?
Old 03-07-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Premature balding

The answer is here.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:48 PM

get breast implants, that will take some of the attention of your head.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:49 PM

I wanted to post the same question. I'm 21, and there is a definite balding spot in the usual place. I also don't eat too well.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:49 PM

It's largely genetic.

The only two confirmed treatments that are nonsurgical are Rogaine and Propecia.

If you start now, you can greatly slow and possibly stop any loss that has started. Your hairline at 30 will be fine, but you don't want it worse.

Another tip: If you can get your physician to write you a prescription for Proscar (same stuff as propecia, but comes in much cheaper 5mg tables instead of 1mg propecia), you can save alot of dough. The crooked companies charge more for 1/5 the dosage. You can then quarter the tablets with a pill cutter and really save some money.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:52 PM

I'm in the same boat (just turned 25 in February and have lost significant hair up front and a smaller amount in the back), but it doesn't bother me too much.

I'm not sure what to recommend, really ... Guess I'm not much help in that regard. But you're certainly not the only one your age who's dealing with this, if that's comforting.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:17 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
Another tip: If you can get your physician to write you a prescription for Proscar (same stuff as propecia, but comes in much cheaper 5mg tables instead of 1mg propecia), you can save alot of dough. The crooked companies charge more for 1/5 the dosage. You can then quarter the tablets with a pill cutter and really save some money.

[/ QUOTE ]
I used Propecia when I started balding, around 23, and it worked great. Problem was I couldn't afford it at the time. I don't really care now because I looks good as a bald man, but this advice would've been great in my more insecure days.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:28 PM

Suck it up. My hairline was receding before I was old enough to vote. Know what I did? Went on with my life.

Get your pipe game straight and forget your 'do.

NT
Old 03-07-2005, 10:31 PM

as a straight metrosexual myself, i find a full head of hair on a male fabulous.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:37 PM

Sure, having hair is nice, but having self-confidence and not paying ludicrous amounts of money for a self-indulgent, cosmetic medical treatment is nicer. Seriously, we spend more time on stupid cosmetic medicine than can possibly be justified.

Boner pills and hair growth and fake titties... medical miracles of the 21st century so far. Awesome.

NT