Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 11:00 AM

Default Pokercizing

My next experiment is in the name of better health, better poker, and tilt avoidance. Sunday afternoon I decided that I could motivate my poker game and work off some of the thousands of empty calories from the weekend with one simple rule. For every tourney I finish OOTM, my lazy ass has to do 10 pushups and 10 situps.

The only problem is that after 8 games last night (2 sets of 4), I only had to do 10 pushups and 10 situps. I'm gonna die a rich fat man!
Old 03-07-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Pokercizing

[ QUOTE ]
My next experiment is in the name of better health, better poker, and tilt avoidance. Sunday afternoon I decided that I could motivate my poker game and work off some of the thousands of empty calories from the weekend with one simple rule. For every tourney I finish OOTM, my lazy ass has to do 10 pushups and 10 situps.

The only problem is that after 8 games last night (2 sets of 4), I only had to do 10 pushups and 10 situps. I'm gonna die a rich fat man!

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a modified version , for those of us that don't win that much: For every 10 games that i finish OOTM i will do 1 pushup and 1 situp. This is better suited to my current physical ability. This should be plenty to stop me from getting fat.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to chug 1 beer for each bad beat. I'm usually trashed within an hour.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about (5 * finish position) pushups/situps for ITM finishes and 30 pushup/situps for OTM finishes. This guarantees some excercise and still rewards performance.

But it seems to me like a better plan is just to ride an excercis bike while you play. You can increase the resistance for each OOTM finish.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:37 PM

I get my exercise after ootm's and bad beats doing curls with a Crown Royal bottle.

D [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]