Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2005, 01:32 AM

Default How do you pick up a 7/10 split??

OK, obviously it's possible, but I think I remember hearing that it's only been done like 3 or 4 times in a telivised PBA match.

Which of the following is the best way to go at the thing:

1)try to hit the VERY outside of the pin and slide it all the way across into the other one (this one seems impossible to me)

2) hit one of the pins hard but a little off center and try to get it to kick of the back panel and into the other one

3) bowl hard and so the ball actually goes into the gutter but gets a kick off the OUTSIDE side panel near the end of the gutter lane, and kicks back at a pretty sharp angle into the 7, sending it careening across the lane into the 10. (I think this would be the "easiest" of the 3, but my friend told me that this actually wouldn't count, since as soon as the ball goes into a gutter, it's dead, even if it bounces back out and hits some pins).
Old 03-06-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: How do you pick up a 7/10 split??

[ QUOTE ]
1)try to hit the VERY outside of the pin and slide it all the way across into the other one (this one seems impossible to me)

2) hit one of the pins hard but a little off center and try to get it to kick of the back panel and into the other one

3) bowl hard and so the ball actually goes into the gutter but gets a kick off the OUTSIDE side panel near the end of the gutter lane, and kicks back at a pretty sharp angle into the 7, sending it careening across the lane into the 10. (I think this would be the "easiest" of the 3, but my friend told me that this actually wouldn't count, since as soon as the ball goes into a gutter, it's dead, even if it bounces back out and hits some pins).

[/ QUOTE ]

1) No good, not enough room on the lane.

2) I've seen it done a few times this way

3) Dead ball

One other way:

4) Hit one of the pins very thin but hard on the inside edge, and try to bounce it off the side wall and back onto the pin deck where it can hopefully bounce or roll into the other pin.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:00 AM

Old 03-06-2005, 02:00 AM

I've made it 3 times. You have to get the ball to bounce out of the back. Throwing it 20+ MPH helps a lot.

I've made it twice by throwing it hard towards the right of the pin and the other time to the left. It really depends from house to house. Some places bounce out of the back more on a certain side.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've made it 3 times. You have to get the ball to bounce out of the back. Throwing it 20+ MPH helps a lot.

I've made it twice by throwing it hard towards the right of the pin and the other time to the left. It really depends from house to house. Some places bounce out of the back more on a certain side.

[/ QUOTE ]

surely u mean get the PIN to bounce out of the back, right, not the ball...?
Old 03-06-2005, 02:39 AM

I've actually picked up a 7/10. Inside of of the 7 off the sidewall and back across. It was much cooler than my double turkey (6 strikes in a row), which is my only other major bowling achievement.

J

EDIT: This would actually make a cool prop bet, I wonder what kind of odds you'd have to lay to some PBA star.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

surely u mean get the PIN to bounce out of the back, right, not the ball...?

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA yea my bad I definatley meant pin. If the ball bounced out (which I have seen before) it wouldn't count.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:57 AM

#1 is possible,, seen it happen 2x.

#2 IS the most likely suspect though.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
#1 is possible,, seen it happen 2x.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it. The ball would have to go into the gutter to do that.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:36 AM

I think the best way to do it is hit the left pin (not sure which number it is) really hard and from the right side so that it bounces first off of the left side wall, then the back wall, then hits the other pin.

The method of hitting the outside of the pin is hard because even if the pin has enough left to right momentum, it will also have momentum towards to back that will push it behind the other pin.