Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2005, 12:08 AM

Default TT flops overcards, no aggression

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

UTG+2 is a maniac, CO is loose and passive, no read on UTG

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (20.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds.

River: (17.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB
Old 03-06-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Re: TT flops overcards, no aggression

I'd bet the flop. With tens, free cards are not our friends.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:44 AM

With 5 people in the pot with a capped preflop, I think you can be confident that someone has paired a king or an ace. Fold to any bet here.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:46 AM

This looks like the type of hand where a really LP-P hit an ace with a low kicker but isn't willing to bet it on the flop fearing they're beat by a better kicker or two pair or a set. I'd bet the flop, but then slow way down for the rest of the hand and fold to two bets. The pot's real big though, so it's to fold to just a single bet on the turn. I don't know about the raise on the turn though - even a maniac could have a good hand, and a non-bet turn is threatening. Good thing he folded.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With 5 people in the pot with a capped preflop, I think you can be confident that someone has paired a king or an ace. Fold to any bet here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you count the backdoor straight draw. He's got odds to call a bet on that flop.

Anyway. Bet the flop. fold to a raise. Otherwise, I think your line here is good.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:52 AM

The raise on the turn was to knock out any gutshot draw (QJ); or force them to call incorrectly. Reactions?
Old 03-06-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you take a look at how big the pot is on the flop? Folding to a flop bet would be wrong.

Rob