Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Played correctly? Typical \"flush pump hand\"

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: (10.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB

No reads
Old 03-05-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Played correctly? Typical \"flush pump hand\"

You can probably bet the turn here.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:10 AM

By betting the turn, are we hoping that either everyone folds or no one folds?

We barely have an equity edge against 3 opponents. If even one of them folds, we lose that. Everyone folding isn't going to happen. Not to mention that the board just paired, and MP3 is still to act.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can probably bet the turn here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I would.

Rob
Old 03-06-2005, 02:52 AM

Yeah the best time to go for this play is when someone bets into the PFR and you are stuck inbetween the PFR and the flop bettor. This is the perfect time to use the call-reraise line. Ni han.

Brad
Old 03-06-2005, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By betting the turn, are we hoping that either everyone folds or no one folds?

We barely have an equity edge against 3 opponents. If even one of them folds, we lose that. Everyone folding isn't going to happen. Not to mention that the board just paired, and MP3 is still to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've got a four flush, then on the flop there's over a 33% (roughly, I don't recall the exact percent) chance to make your flush by the river. That's good against more than one opponent. The draw is further strengthened by a gutshot draw to the top straight.

Any hand that MP3 could have that beats a flush (AA, 66, A6), he would have capped the flop. I really doubt that he has a six in his hand.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:32 AM

Does anyone else think the river cap is a little thin? With hero bolding the Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the board, I'm thinking that UTG will have K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] here enough that calling the river 3-bet is the better play.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think the river cap is a little thin? With hero bolding the Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the board, I'm thinking that UTG will have K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] here enough that calling the river 3-bet is the better play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think villian's got K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] more than 50% of the time?

I like the river cap.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:42 AM

Given the action, yes I do. In fact, I think he has K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Old 03-06-2005, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given the action, yes I do. In fact, I think he has K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Could just as easily be J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I think villian will flip up the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] often here, but I think it's less than 50% of the time.