Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2005, 10:22 PM

Default 55 against loose chaser (river play)

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

CO is very loose, aggressive preflop, passive postflop: VPIP 71.57; PFR 14.71; TOTA 1.34

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (7 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero ??
Old 03-05-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: 55 against loose chaser (river play)

I think you want this HU or you want to be out of it when the flop hits. Fold the river
Old 03-05-2005, 10:52 PM

I think you call for one more bet since he's only got to be bluffing 10 percent of the time. That being said, with the A showing up, I think you check/call this river.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:57 PM

I fold this flop.

Anybody like checking to possibly induce a bluff on the river, while ensuring no more than 1BB put in?
Old 03-05-2005, 11:09 PM

I saw this flop as a close call between folding and check-raising. The CO raise PF and so it seemed very likely that he was betting regardless on the flop, without a pair. Checking the river and possibly folding was likely correct, as some here point out. I also like the suggestion that this kind of play should only be attempted heads-up. What other non-pair hand would he call with to the river besides an Ace? 9 times out of 10, None.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you call for one more bet since he's only got to be bluffing 10 percent of the time. That being said, with the A showing up, I think you check/call this river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess the real question is what is villan going to raise PF, going to call down the flop raise and turn with, that is not a pocket pair or Ax?

If the river wasn't the A it would require further thinking but in my opinion this is a reasonable fold.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anybody like checking to possibly induce a bluff on the river, while ensuring no more than 1BB put in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm sounds pretty good!