Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 11:54 PM

Default anything i could do better with these 10\'s?

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero folds, MP1 calls.

River: (15.70 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 15.70 BB
Old 03-05-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Re: anything i could do better with these 10\'s?

Check/fold the turn.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:01 AM

I play it the same. Good flop bet. There is no way you can cold call two on the turn there, where you are clearly behind, and drawing to 2 outs, and are not getting anywhere close to the odds you need to call. Good fold.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:14 AM

Not sure I agree. Villians here are often ace chasers. Against tighter opponents check fold might the the best line, but against clowns that are trying to spike that ace, the open betting the turn is good.

That being said, OP did not provide reads in the post. Both our lines are potentially correct opponent dependent.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play it the same.

[/ QUOTE ]
You would call MP3's first turn raise?

I bet the flop, of course, but when MP3 raises me (and MP1) on the turn, I'm out.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I play it the same.

[/ QUOTE ]
You would call MP3's first turn raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. It's a hole in my game.

EDIT: On a second look at the post, I probably would not. Again, read dependent, but the raiser would have to be pretty LARG (loose agressive retarded -- one of those) for me to call there.

Good catch -- thanks for pointing that out.
Old 03-05-2005, 02:31 AM

Calling the first turn raise is very bad. I might follow up my flop bet depending on my opponents, but not usually... and I'm certainly skedaddling at the first hint of aggression.

I'd be much more inclined to bet the turn with position. OOP, I like a check/fold, as I'd most likely have to be prepared to fire two more barrels.

The chances of folding both opponents is small enough that I think putting more money in the pot only makes sense if we plan to show down. We can't call a bet, so it pretty much commits us to betting the river if we bet the turn. Aces and flush draws are sticking around and might just bet if checked to on the river. Bad news. Position = $.