Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 11:28 PM

Default my sit and go poker system...

ok, i've been playing low limit sit and go tournaments on party poker for alil over 2 years now and have my my fair share of money.

and i have to say, the "sit and go strategy" by Chris Moneymaker has to be the best system i have ever seen.

it incorperates every aspect of the game from the start of the game till there is only u and another left fighting for first and second place.

i saw this at http://pokervan.com/sng.htm .... a fairley new site (not all that great)

well jsut want to let you guys know about this strategy and u should try it out for urself.

if you choose to try this system.... REPLY WITH RESULTS PLEASE!!!
Old 03-04-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: my sit and go poker system...

155% ROI
100% ITM

Where do i send my check?
Old 03-04-2005, 11:48 PM

that's pretty much what i do already. it works very well.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:44 AM

It's a good read, but it's not rocket science and I disagree totally honestly.

My strategy - and it works - is to see as many flops as possible at the first two levels when there is no raise with cards like 7/8, 9/10, etc. It's the best way to double up, particularly at the cheaper buy-ins. The flop comes 4/5/6 rainbow and the pocket aces can't help but go all-in. No one at a low level knows how to read a board.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:49 AM

I like much of the article, but it's obviously far from a complete tournament strategy. I have one question about #9:

"9. As you get near the cash, and particularly on the bubble (one more player to bust out before everybody is in the money), many players will become extremely tight and play very conservatively, unwilling to be the last one to bust out before the money. Take advantage of this - you should be able to steal blinds frequently. This will set you up with a good stack once you've gotten into the money."

I have found this to not be necessarily true, especially when you're the short stack with 700 chips and the other 3 average 2500+. At this point you have to go all in next time you're the BB or else you're down to 500 or 600 chips and basically need to double up 3 times in a row to have a chance at winning.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:54 AM

...I hate Chris Moneymaker.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:00 AM

I agree with bweiser.......I think it is best to see as many flops as possible during the first two levels. One or two big hands here and you can cruise to the final 3
Old 03-05-2005, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with bweiser.......I think it is best to see as many flops as possible during the first two levels. One or two big hands here and you can cruise to the final 3

[/ QUOTE ]

I just go allin with every hand levels 1-3. Then, if I'm still alive I've already won. So I don't exactly agree....or disagree.

And as for the OP.....I'm not sure you can call this sytem, your system. As umm.....it's not.....it's Chris Moneymakers.

Yugoslav
(Whose 'fair share' of money is -9%)
Old 03-05-2005, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a good read, but it's not rocket science and I disagree totally honestly.

My strategy - and it works - is to see as many flops as possible at the first two levels

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I invite you to play at pokerstars.com using this strategy? I need to make my car payment. I think you can help.

seriously I suggest a search for the thread by aleomagus on how to beat the $10 sng's at party. It translates well to all sites and could improve your game. I think your strategy will only work if you hit a big flop against another big hand. otherwise you bleed chips, and are tempted to play hands you don't hit big when you hit them little.
Old 03-05-2005, 02:30 AM

That may or may not work. If you keep playing hands like 78 suited or A6 suited, you MIGHT catch a good flop and double up. More than likely, however, you'll find yourself short-stacked by the time it reaches levels 3-4, and then you're on edge. I agree with moneymaker that the best thing to do early on is to stick to premium hands. Steal a pot when you see the opportunity to, but other than that lay low. Besides, the average pot early on is not going to be that large compared to the average pots later on. It's just not worth your chips to keep trying to draw to the best hand. Yes, in cash games in the long run this makes sense to do, but in tourneys it does not. It costs too high a percentage of your stack to try to draw to flushes and straights with low or mid suited connectors.

I disagree how he says to play ppJ-pp8. I like to raise those pre-flop, because if your opponent misses the flop (which they do most of the time) you have the winning hand and can take it down. If you don't raise pre-flop with middle pp, your opponent won't lay down his hand as easily.

Then again, I'll also raise with 78 offsuit occassionally if I think I can steal the pot on the flop (or flop a monster, which would be even better).