Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 02:26 AM

Default 33 in EP

MP2 has TAGish stats after 60 hands. No read on UTG.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, UTG calls.

River: (14.66 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 14.66 BB
Old 03-04-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: 33 in EP

What a crappy river. You've likely got MP2 beat, but the only hands that a reasonable UTG would call 2 cold with on the turn is a flush draw or OESD, and they both came in. I think I'd get a blip in my check-raisedar here too, and also check behind. IMHO, Ni' han.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:19 AM

Fold pf unless you know the table is loose. The rest looks fine; river is a big scare card.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold pf unless you know the table is loose. The rest looks fine; river is a big scare card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before today, I would have. Trying to up that VP$IP everyone is harping on me for. After 2 limpers and a normal $3/6 table to follow... call seems good, even if it is EP.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Before today, I would have. Trying to up that VP$IP everyone is harping on me for. After 2 limpers and a normal $3/6 table to follow... call seems good, even if it is EP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the PF call.

Did you check the river because you felt you couldn't safely fold to a raise? It looks like a bet-fold to me. Please let me know why you checked instead. I'm not questioning your play, just trying to learn.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:41 AM

Preflop is frowned upon but not terrible the rest looks okay
Old 03-04-2005, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this one of the easier limps to make after two limpers in MP1. If UTG and UTG+1 had folded, that's another story, but I think this limp is mega-OK.

Lame river, dude. I like the check.

You call a river bet, true?

Regards,
-Brian
Old 03-04-2005, 04:11 AM

If he bets out, then yeah I call. After he checks, something is just screaming check/raise after the way the hand went down. I also have the other player to deal with who isn't much of a threat, but could have a few hands that just beat me.

That river card just really, really sucks. Any ten or any two hearts just beat me. Maybe I wussed out. That's what I'd kind of like opinions on, but I do think that card screams that somebody made something just now. If I do get check-raised I'm still not entirely sure I could fold it in such a big pot as I've seen some idiots do that with 2 pair / sets that were played oddly... or also on complete bluffs.

For those wondering UTG had AJ and MP2 had KQ and MHIG.

Also, the more I start looking at my PF call, the more correct I think it is. In fact, I'd be willing to say with a good degree of certainty that folding 33 here is a mistake.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:02 AM

I would have bet that river because I'm on autopilot most of the time. I respected your handreading (in this hand), but after seeing the results, i no longer do. lol

obvious after the fact, but anything with a 10 or an Ace, many players would cold call. AJ, 10J, Q10, A10 and 2 hearts. I guess those possibilites warrant a bet.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:08 AM

My problem comes with this... I would not have cold called AJ here. Apparently, some would. AT already had me beat. JT now has me beat, as well as QT. In fact the only had you listed that I beat is AJ. Maybe I missed your point?? And AJ would've been in the muck if it was me.